Lost Again in Pennsylvania

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Postby Rick F. » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:21 pm

Unity wrote:Terrific, Rick. :)

That tower house may be your weirdest place yet. :shock:

Or is it? Maybe you could assemble your Photographer's Phavorites, and then the rest of us could choose the People's Pick. The Weird Winner, of course, should receive an appropriate plaque. :wink:

--John 8)

John,

The mansion with the water tower building was built in the very early 1900s. I wonder how good their engineering skills and calculations were back then, e.g., determining how strong a narrow brick building had to be to hold up 10,000 gallons of water... Well, it hasn't fallen over yet (but it does leak a fair amount).

I like the weird Photographer's Phavorites idea. I'll definitely include this one when the time comes...

Rick F.
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550
2013 BMW 335i convertible (sold)
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
Rick F.
Board Wizard

Postby Rick F. » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:29 pm

Motor wrote:Excellent pics Rick, I ride that area all the time as it's very close to home but I never seem to notice the great spots you find. Maybe I just go through to quickly, those gravel roads through Michaux State forest never see the downside of 50 or 60 mph, my BAD :lol:

Jed,

Yikes, I thought I was moving right along on those roads at 30 mph!

It was a really scenic and fun area, and one that I'd only seen a small part of a couple of years ago. BTW, I skipped "Three Corners Road," which was part of the book's route, since I was running late. Have you ever been on that one?

Graybeard wrote:Another amazing report and photo show, Rick! I agree about you leading rides! Either that, or post your tracks!

Larry,

I would like to hook up with one or two other riders more often. Of course, I can be a frustrating guy to ride with when I stop so often for pictures or to explore. But on rare occasions (e.g., trying to keep up with Neil Peart!), I've been known to actually ride quite a ways without stopping.

BTW, I'm always glad to post a MapSource route now that I have a GPS. Just let me know if you (or anyone else) would like routes for any of my past rides.

Rick F.
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550
2013 BMW 335i convertible (sold)
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
Rick F.
Board Wizard

Previous

Return to Ride Stories