Nice little ride around Rappahannock County.

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Nice little ride around Rappahannock County.

Postby Patryk » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:55 pm

Worked up a little ride that SJF (Scott) and I will be doing this Sunday. We both live in this area and decided to see if we could come up with a fun ride without having to travel very far to get to it.

Anyway, I got part of it from a ride led by RocketMan(Jeff) and part from exploring. Thought it might be useful for someone who wanted a quick little ride after a VA RTE or something. It may be a little short, but could be appended to another ride.

This is the first map I've played with using Google Maps so it probably needs some work, but hopefully you can get the gist of it.

http://www.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&h ... &z=11&om=1
Patryk

Postby Patryk » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:41 pm

Did the ride Sunday with Scott and had a blast.

We meet up around 2:30 and since this was the first time we had actually met face to face, talked until 3:00 and then hit the road.

I was having too much fun and forgot to time each segment, but the ride lasted, with a couple short stops, until about 6:30.. I think. Scott, correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway.. it had something for everyone... miles of curves,some gravel and rocks in the foot hills, beautiful scenery, plus we passed by several places to eat. The eats could be; Thornton River Grill or Rae's Place in Sperryville, Country Cafe in Washington, Griffin's Tavern in Flint Hill or up to the Marshall Diner in, well Marshall. Plus many others.

Later!
Patryk

Return to Ride Stories