The road to Lickingville

Tell Us About Your Rides!

The road to Lickingville

Postby Bicyclist » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:13 pm

On Friday night, the Four Winds folks have a ride to dinner followed by a ride to ice cream. A substantial crowd gathered at this place in Brookeville, a pretty little town off I80. Before this pic, the entire place had been surrounded by bikes whose owners enjoyed home made ice cream at very reasonable prices. I managed a chocolate sundae with coffee ice cream, whipped cream, nuts and a cherry. Dawn, one of our members, is standing at the back wearing a backpack and talking to a fellow in a blue shirt.

This is the road to Lickingville. While I was in Lickingville for a QIT pic, a fellow came over supported by a crutch and told me that a girl had been there a couple of weeks ago. I said that it was probably Nancy and he told me how impressed he was with her bike and thought she was pretty cool, too. I'd planned on a pic of the post office, but it turned out to be housed in a run down former general store and had no sign. The only way you could tell it was a post office was by the mailbox out front.

After lunch, I rode the Devil's road. It offered some more GS riding when I came to a detour that dumped me onto a gravel road.
George

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
Bicyclist
A.K.A. SANTA!!!

Postby Rick F. » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:52 pm

Bicyclist,

Hmmm, why is it no surprise that, if you're following in Hello Kitty's footsteps, then you end up on "the Devil's road"??!

Rick F.
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550
2013 BMW 335i convertible (sold)
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
Rick F.
Board Wizard

Postby Bicyclist » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:19 pm

Rick F. wrote:Bicyclist,

Hmmm, why is it no surprise that, if you're following in Hello Kitty's footsteps, then you end up on "the Devil's road"??!Rick F.

:twisted: :twisted: :lol:
George

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
Bicyclist
A.K.A. SANTA!!!

Return to Ride Stories