On the way to the meeting. . .

Tell Us About Your Rides!

On the way to the meeting. . .

Postby TRawls » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:23 am

As planned, I left Falls Church Saturday morning to go down to the meeting at Morton's. Turns out it's 186 miles if you take the scenic route (and I am fond of the scenic route whenever possible). But there was one new experience for me on this trip. . .

It was out near Madison Virginia that I fell in behind the full-size van with an eight-foot CB antenna on top. I should have known better, I suppose, than to pull up on his bumper, but I wanted to get around when I got the chance. That's when it happened: he keyed his mike to give a shout-out to his good buddy. I heard the conversation in the headphones in my helmet (I listen to an iPod run through a Starcom system), every word just as clear as day, right up to the point where it blew the speakers.

Oh well, I was intending to upgrade the speakers anyway. . . Ride safe!

TRawls
TRawls

Postby BMWGirl » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:39 am

oh you're kidding - was he that loud??? Why didn't the volume in your speakers control his volume as well?? ooorrr - is that a stupid question - since it was "radio'd" in you couldn't control the volume I guess???

Man that stinks!!! If you are in to those ear bud speakers - Jed knows a place to get a really cool set - he got Jim a pair and I think he likes them plus they have a volume control on the cord!

Hopefully other than that you had a good ride!
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Postby Blaster229 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:54 am

Well, the good part about it is, he doesn't need to wear hearing protection now :shock:
Blaster229
Ms. Kitty, Jr

Postby TRawls » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:06 am

What??! Speak up! I can't hear you! :D

As powerful as that CB rig was I'm surprised it didn't blow out my bike's electrical system.

TRawls
TRawls

Return to Ride Stories