Great bkfst ride yesterday at Thurmont

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Great bkfst ride yesterday at Thurmont

Postby Qijote » Mon May 17, 2004 7:54 pm

At yesterday's MD Bkfst ride in Thurmont we had about a dozen BMWBMW'rs show up. The day was absolutely perfect. After the brunch, we left on a ride through the Catoctin Mtns down to Harper's Ferry, WVA, led by Larry aka Huckleberry. It was Larry, Ned, Chris and Eleonor, and myself. Shortly after we left Thurmont we were joined by a couple on a Gold Wing, looking for riding buddies. (Those two had recently done a tour of the US and Canada, 9,000 mi in three weeks!!).
Larry: the roads were the best I've ever been on! Thanks for leading us.
We had lunch at Harper's Ferry just in time to sit out the rain, and then Ned and I slabbed it back to Balto. After doing twisties at 45 mph all day, it was good to hit 80 and let it hum. I had left home at 9 am and didn't make it back till 5:30 pm. Wife was listening to the police reports... sorry honey, my T-Mobile didn't work in any of the places we stopped! I tried to call, honest!
Hollywood: where were you? We missed you.
Roy
Qijote
Board Guru

Postby hollywood » Mon May 17, 2004 9:06 pm

Roy,

The wife had me in Annapolis for an SPCA walk at 8AM with her sisters and our dogs, then Banshee and Joe came by so we could check out the MD RTE location. However, I keep forgetting the 3rd Sun! I have to put it on my calendar so it will pop up when I log on, maybe I will remember. Sorry to miss it AND sorry to hear you have to head to TX and miss the RTE.
hollywood

re:

Postby Banshee » Mon May 17, 2004 9:30 pm

mmmmm breakfast.

:) We had fun hanging out with you and Kim, hollywood!!
Banshee
Board Wizard

Postby MrE » Tue May 18, 2004 9:23 pm

Glad to hear the breakfast rides are alive and well.
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain,
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe

Postby Qijote » Thu May 20, 2004 12:04 am

Mike:
You could join us! :D
Roy
Qijote
Board Guru

Return to Ride Stories