Nice little diversion...

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Nice little diversion...

Postby Belg » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:47 pm

sun popped out, didn't miss the opportunity to check out the right road where I turned left to go towards Ada.

at the 724/729 split, I turned right to stay on 724... nice little dirt road heading back to farmland... splashed through a puddle and got my boots wet. Over all too short, so when I got to 688, I went down to Hume and turned towards Oasis.

On the way back to 522, I saw Fiery Run road. So, I checked and sure enough, same name as the road in Linden. I went up and came to a fork after a few miles, a bit of light-medium technical dirt from the paved section... left was paved, right was not. I lifted off my glove, spun it, and the fingers were pointing back down from the paved section... so I rode up the unpaved... nice light-medium dirt road... some fairly tight corners (for muddy dirt and lame dunlops) made it up to 55, and took the other side of fiery run from freezeland road down to the split, and back out towards Oasis and 522.... the way my glove was pointing.

Nice little excursion :=)

Belg
Belg

Re: Nice little diversion...

Postby Kres » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:03 pm

That's an awsome area for dirt roads.

My only warning is that on Hume Rd some of the local Teenagers get a little excitable and go sliding through the corners... I've been face to drill with more then a few family sedans piloted by over-driving teenagers. :shock:

Belg wrote:sun popped out, didn't miss the opportunity to check out the right road where I turned left to go towards Ada.

at the 724/729 split, I turned right to stay on 724... nice little dirt road heading back to farmland... splashed through a puddle and got my boots wet. Over all too short, so when I got to 688, I went down to Hume and turned towards Oasis.

On the way back to 522, I saw Fiery Run road. So, I checked and sure enough, same name as the road in Linden. I went up and came to a fork after a few miles, a bit of light-medium technical dirt from the paved section... left was paved, right was not. I lifted off my glove, spun it, and the fingers were pointing back down from the paved section... so I rode up the unpaved... nice light-medium dirt road... some fairly tight corners (for muddy dirt and lame dunlops) made it up to 55, and took the other side of fiery run from freezeland road down to the split, and back out towards Oasis and 522.... the way my glove was pointing.

Nice little excursion :=)

Belg
-Kres
Kres
My other bike is a station wagon

Postby Belg » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:50 pm

I stand forewarned... come to think of it, when I was a kid, I would've :=)
Belg

Return to Ride Stories