Holiday Weekend rides

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Holiday Weekend rides

Postby RocketMan » Tue May 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Took a couple of nice rides this past weekend, the first on Saturday on NT700V for about 280 miles thru some of my favorite valleys. Only took one pic on that ride as I spent most of the time riding. Here's a pano overlooking the valley along Rt. 613 just a bit past the old town of Singers Glen.
Nothing like a beautiful view combined with the smell of freshly planted manure wafting on the morning breeze. In the distance I could hear the subdued sounds of conversation eminating from a farm house in the valley below

"Gee Wizz Mon, cow pasture pancakes again??!"
"quit your complaining and just make sure you eat all of your goat clusters then!"

Ah, yes, the joys of farm life, makes you just So envious, doesn't it? :lol:

You may have to zoom way out or right click on the image to get the full effect of the panorama

Then Monday did around 180 miles on the SR400 down some nice back roads, some I had not yet traveled between Woodbridge and Round Hill to retrieve Ali Gater as part of the ADV Nova tag game. I did a nice combination of marked and unmarked country lanes and had the roads pretty much to myself since I got out early around 8 AM and was back home by a bit past noon before all the posers and cages start to cram the roads. I now have around 8400 miles on the SR and it just keeps getting better with each ride.

One has to assume this gate once had an actual purpose??

Plenty of garage space in this lovely country home...

and finally, a nice secluded home, airy, close to the road, low maintenance...

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Re: Holiday Weekend rides

Postby Unity » Wed May 27, 2015 11:29 am

Nice rides. The pano on Rt 613 is impressive -- software just keeps getting better.

--John
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
Unity
Shaman

Return to Ride Stories