12 Angry Beavers Studios is proud to pressent

Tell Us About Your Rides!

12 Angry Beavers Studios is proud to pressent

Postby RocketMan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:46 pm

2 new short video's in cooperation with JT Graphics Productions
Ride along with 12 Angry Beavers on a vintage CB125 thru my hood and along Neabsco creek and down to the Potomac River and featherstone shores.

Since we had a bit of a break from the weather yesterday I decided to attach my Olympus TG-1 waterproof camera to my 125 and shoot a few videos. The idea behind the name 12 Angry Beavers Studios came from the fact that when the 125 is wound out (which is about the only way to run it) it sounds like a bunch of of, well, angry beavers the number came from the fact that the 125 is rated at 12 HP, or should I say, BP (Beaver Power). :lol:

I edited the video's on my Asus android tablet with a quad-core processor and 2 Gig's of RAM using a kool app I found called KineMaster which I also used to create some slide-shows of my Delta Blues ride last spring. I have two of three done and will post them in a separate thread. Its a very versatile program with lots of tools and very easy to use and outputs finished videos in 1080 DP HD and renders amazingly fast.

So here they are.

http://youtu.be/9quEy8I6CoA

http://youtu.be/aDtVotv5pDE

Enjoy

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Re: 12 Angry Beavers Studios is proud to pressent

Postby Unity » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Compelling cinematography, Jeff. That little CB really scoots! and stops quick!

--John
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
Unity
Shaman

Postby Rick F. » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:18 pm

RM,

Ha! Those are the best "125cc Hooligan" videos I've ever seen!

Of course, a running commentary by the BeaverMaster himself would be a valuable addition. You know, your thoughts while riding--such as "Gotta get outta this neighborhood fast, they're after me!" Or "Stop sign? What stop sign?" And "I think I can fit through there… Okay, maybe I can fit through there… Yikes! Ha, I knew I could fit through there!" :lol:

Rick
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550
2013 BMW 335i convertible (sold)
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
Rick F.
Board Wizard

Postby RocketMan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:12 am

Rick F. wrote:RM,

Ha! Those are the best "125cc Hooligan" videos I've ever seen! :lol:

Rick

Ha, Ha! Yes that is exactly the effect I was trying to achieve with these videos. Ever since the very first ride on the Lean Mean Green Machine the feeling of Hooliganism tends to take over, there just isn't any better word for the sort of riding it inspires. In some ways (such as stop signs and other annoyances) I tend to ride it more like I would ride a peddle bike, it being not much bigger.
I will admit that in order to achieve the sense of Hooliganism I did take certain cinematographic liberties, namely by increasing the frame rate in post-processing by almost 50%. While the machine is not really going as fast as it appears in the videos, increasing the frame rate more accurately captures how fast it "feels" to the rider because its so small, light and accentuated by the sound of the engine spinning madly as you race along.

Total hoot.

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Return to Ride Stories