Thumpers Rule!

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Thumpers Rule!

Postby RocketMan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:34 pm

a couple of quick thumper reports....

Went out for a nice ride just before the end of the year, did about 80 some miles and met a dude on a 07 Bullet 500 and chatted with him a bit. Lives near me so we'll hopefully hook up for a thumper run soon.
Great weather, got up to low 50's mostly sunny. Nice ride but nothing exciting (other than simply being out and riding, on a thumper, no less! ) Took a few pics along the way.

Miss. Ali 3 (or is it 4?) and Dr. Duck (of ADV NOVA Tag fame) joined me on the ride.

Now to the pics....

An old abandoned house with a really great old wooden door ( I love old wood doors and windows )

a view down the road.

a bridge often crossed now in winter with baren trees

A view near my homestead at the top of Neabsco Creek

Miles for today and totals for the year.

Then today I decided to take the CB125 out for what started as a quick Lata run down to Occoquan which turned into a nice 50 mile ride down a few twisty back roads then back up along route 1. Warn enough that I did need all the gear, quite frankly I felt pretty silly with both riding pants and jacket as well as boots on the 125. I was actually hoping it would rain so I could see how the new Tourmaster gear held up but no such luck. Not often one wishes for rain for a motor run, but if I'm gonna be caught in it, the 125 is so light (and slow :-) ) its not I have to worry about slowing down for corners or sliding out. This thing is just an absolute Hoot to ride,now if I could just get it to maintain 50 uphill.....

Taken at the top of the Nebasco Greek wetlands.

Yup, no doubt about it, Thumpers Rule! (Both the Big and Small kinds !) Minimalism refined..

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Re: Thumpers Rule!

Postby Janitor » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:46 pm

Always do enjoy your pictures and ride stories. Keep them coming.

G.
2021 CB500X
Janitor
Undercover Logger

Postby GSFun » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:10 pm

I agree! You always crack me up...and I find myself playing Where's Miss. Ali and Dr. Duck? Kind of like playing Where's Wally....

Thanks for sharing the great pics!
Shannon Krammes
2011 G650GS
BMWBMW Membership Chair
membership@bmwbmw.org

-- Making BMWBMW a club of the members, by the members, for the members!!!
GSFun
Board Guru

Postby Rick F. » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:22 pm

RM,

I have to admit, I really like your SR400 Yamaha. Something about that classic styling—plus, I had a pair of small-displacement Yamaha's back in my college days, when I couldn't afford a car.

I also have to admit that I'm glad to see a curmudgeonly old fellow enjoying himself with a great bike and some back roads! :lol: (Yes, "it takes one to know one.")

Have a great time, and keep the pictures coming,

Rick
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550
2013 BMW 335i convertible (sold)
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
Rick F.
Board Wizard

Return to Ride Stories