Iron Butt SS 1000 April25, 2013

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Re: Iron Butt SS 1000 April25, 2013

Postby Flash! » Wed May 01, 2013 9:18 am

Great pictures, Ed! And I'm sorry about the SS, but there'll be other times. Having grown up in IN, I've been on many of those roads. We lived in the country outside Terre Haute (pronounced "Terryhut" with the accent on the first syllable by us hoosiers) when John was first teaching at Indiana State. You missed our favorite bbq joint near Johnson City,TN, but again, there'll be other trips! And we stayed in a wonderful B&B overlooking the Ohio River in Leavenworth, IN. You probably rode right by it. What a great ride! =D>

Jody
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice.

2012 F650GS, Yellow and Black
Flash!
Board Guru

Postby eap » Thu May 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Flash! wrote:Great pictures, Ed! And I'm sorry about the SS, but there'll be other times. Having grown up in IN, I've been on many of those roads. We lived in the country outside Terre Haute (pronounced "Terryhut" with the accent on the first syllable by us hoosiers) when John was first teaching at Indiana State. You missed our favorite bbq joint near Johnson City,TN, but again, there'll be other trips! And we stayed in a wonderful B&B overlooking the Ohio River in Leavenworth, IN. You probably rode right by it. What a great ride! =D>

Jody

Hey Jody - small world - I am a veritable Terre Haute, sin city, Banks of the Wabash native! We properly pronounce the name as Tair-a Hote (long O, silent E) :lol: . Anyway, I spent Saturday night at our old homestead on south Poplar Street across from Woodrow Wilson middle school. Good to know there's at least one other Hoosier out here!
eap
Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://www.chesapeakebay.net
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby BMWGirl » Tue May 07, 2013 8:42 am

eap wrote:
Flash! wrote:Great pictures, Ed! And I'm sorry about the SS, but there'll be other times. Having grown up in IN, I've been on many of those roads. We lived in the country outside Terre Haute (pronounced "Terryhut" with the accent on the first syllable by us hoosiers) when John was first teaching at Indiana State. You missed our favorite bbq joint near Johnson City,TN, but again, there'll be other trips! And we stayed in a wonderful B&B overlooking the Ohio River in Leavenworth, IN. You probably rode right by it. What a great ride! =D>

Jody

Hey Jody - small world - I am a veritable Terre Haute, sin city, Banks of the Wabash native! We properly pronounce the name as Tair-a Hote (long O, silent E) :lol: . Anyway, I spent Saturday night at our old homestead on south Poplar Street across from Woodrow Wilson middle school. Good to know there's at least one other Hoosier out here!

Ed - I'm from that area as well (sorta - on the IL side :D ) I also graduated from Vincennes University many years ago. :mrgreen:
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Previous

Return to Ride Stories