Retirement News

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Re: Retirement News

Postby DogHouse » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 pm

Scratch wrote:Congrats Rick. I retired last April after 37 years of government (and military) service. Don't miss it one bit.

I still have 12 years to go and sometimes the offer of a full tank of gas could persuade me. :lol:

Congrats Rick and thanks for your service.

05 R1200GS
97 Craftsman 19hp Riding Mower 42" cut
DogHouse
What? Again? Oy

Postby RocketMan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Good Grief, and here all these years I figured you were just another working stiff like the rest of us; now I come to find out your one of Them! Eegads, man, and what's that you are wearing in the photo? Is that a s... s.... su.... su... (not sure I can even say it!) sui sui.... Suit??? Do they still even make those? Do people ( well normal people anyway) still wear those????

Years ago on the advise of a (former) friend I got one to wear to an interview. Not being particular I just grabbed the first cheap one I found on the discount rack and wore it to the interview. did it get me the job, Hell no, they just sat there looking at me kinda strange like...so I went to a nearby bar and threw back a few. Got hit on several times (not knowing why at the time) then headed home where my (again former) friend asked me what the hell I was doing wearing a Ladies Suit! Duh! #-o #-o #-o No wonder I kept feeling a draft! :shock: :shock: Gezzz, never worn a suit since and good riddance to them says I (of any kind)!

But enough about me, when are you going to get rid of that tiny little car and get a two-wheeler again and go back to being a Real club member now that you have all this upcoming free time on your hands? No excuses now...... :lol:

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby Genen8kua » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:57 pm

OMG, how did I miss that either in club or general news? Probably the holidays, etc. So please accept my apologies for failing to wish you well on your retirement when I actually saw you in the cafeteria last week during my "new employee" orientation!!! Now I'll mainly shuffle between Ambassador Rd and Bethesda. Congrats on a great career. I'll never forget your getting roundly cheered at R. Streimer's retirement party. Good show!
Gene
2016 S1000XR
2007 R1200GS

What happens in the helmet stays in the helmet.
Genen8kua
GO COWBOYS!

Postby Maria V » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Rick, congrats on a great career and ENJOY a well-earned retirement!
=D>
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Postby BKling » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Well done sir. Thanks for stepping up and doing a fine job. Now get back to writing. =D>
Bryant

In Case of Emergency - OPEN HEAD - USE BRAIN
BKling
Board Wizard

Postby Flash! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:30 am

Congratulations, Rick, on your long and illustrious career, and your well-deserved leisure time to come. I certainly hope to see more pictorials, and maybe a compilation on all those previously done?? You've worked so hard--it'll be hard to decompress. But the previous poster is right--the first year is the hardest!

Jody

=D> =D> =D>
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice.

2012 F650GS, Yellow and Black
Flash!
Board Guru

Previous

Return to Ride Stories