Banshee's Stories

Tell Us About Your Rides!

I got 1 out of 2

Postby hollywood » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:51 pm

Oh well, I was wrong :oops: I guess it was another couple, but I don’t think they post much. However, I did get 1 out of 2. I did see Neda (future rider) and was right about her. OK, see (meet) you guys sometime.

My wife and I just got back from Tennessee, but we drove the car (took our pup) and I was dying not having my bike with all the perfect weather.
:cry:
hollywood

re:

Postby Banshee » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:52 pm

Don't you hate that. You're in your car...dreaming about being on your bike.

They really can be cages. Actually if you'll allow me to brag for a minute...my new car is tons of fun. Two weeks ago I purchased a 2004 Competition Orange Ford Focus SVT (yes orange). vrooooom!. I CAN NOT get any more speeding tickets though!!

Why are there so many lurkers on this site? It bums me out.

-holley
Banshee
Board Wizard

lurkers

Postby hollywood » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:47 pm

Holley,

Congrats on the fun new ride!!

I lived in Tennessee for 10 years and there is nothing more Orange then the Big Orange of the University of Tennessee!!! I have Orange all over. Well let me tell you, I can NEVER live in VA!!! I sold my Suzuki last year and bought my BMW this year because I was on one year probation! 88 in a 55, 95 in a 65 put me over the top! Both of these were in my 4X4 Pickup truck, so I knew I could easily get in trouble with my old bike!

Thus, I bought the calm R12CL rather than something sporty. Anyway, I got a ticket (yes another ticket while on probation) last September just as I got onto the Dulles Toll Road coming out of Leesburg (75 in a 55, but it really just switched from 65 to 55!) and only had to pay the fine since I was “out of state”. But as I went online to see how much money I was going to contribute to the state of VA, I noticed I would have already lost my license if I lived in VA! The sad thing is, now I really do set the cruise and just chill about 5mph over the speed limit and I get flipped off every day!

Well, with 3 times the members as registered online users, I am not surprised of all the lurkers! Chicken stuffs! I don’t understand personally. People may not like me or what I say, or maybe they do, but what would life be like if I hid behind walls all the time?
hollywood

Postby MrE » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:58 pm

Not sure why we have so many lurkers... at least there are a few of us talkers.

Don't forget: Ride to Eat. April 7th. Casa Gonzalez in Leesburg, VA.
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe

re:

Postby Banshee » Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:41 pm

Hey hollywood. One of my good friends is a huge Tennessee fan, he grew up there. My husband went with him and a bunch of other guys to the Tennessee/Georgia game this past season. Unfortunately, it didn't go so well for Tennessee as I'm sure you're aware. Sort of took the fun out of their trip :(

Yeah I just got off of probation last month (as in March) for all the speeding tickets I received between 2002-2003. Two were out of state in NY and PA, but I understand that certain states "share" when it comes to tickets, and the other one was in VA on rt 7 just before Winchester. All three were 20+ over :shock: Now I use cruise control religiously on long trips. All three tickets were either going to or from visiting my parents in Buffalo. I think they should've had to pay for my tickets. That's fair! If I was pulled over I was going to beg/bribe/whatever the cop to let me go. I'm sure I could've come up with some tears too.

Mike---Joe and I will be at the ride to eat next week!

Do you have the ability to delete posts? I was wondering if you could get rid of the first couple pages of this thread? Unless you think that's a bad idea? I've seen threads with many, many pages. I just wasn't sure if it's getting too unruly?

Joe just got two tickets to see Bob Dylan at the 9:30club tomorrow night. :) :) :)

:twisted:
-banshee
Banshee
Board Wizard

Previous

Return to Ride Stories