On to Mortons for Chili

Tell Us About Your Rides!

On to Mortons for Chili

Postby redman » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:34 pm

The Chili cook off at Mortons was great.

Left Fairfax around 10. Wanted to leave earlier but got called in to work for an hour or so.
Late start so I slabed down to Thornburg then had stopped by Lake Anna for a short while then back up to Mortons.

There were a ton of people there but I did not see any BMWBMW people I knew. Thought I would see at least a few. Am thinking many of the people were from Richmond.

The Chili was outstanding, well mostly. Man #1 was hot, hot hot. I voted for #11 Believe
they had 12 pots.

I left Mortons around 1:30 PM or so. Rode out with a couple S riders, they went toward Richmond, I went North.

Traffic was moving and I was bouncing around 90 most of the way up 95 to 123 where I shoot off to the FFX Co Pkway.
The sky opened up and it was beautifil. Sun came out, roads dry, light traffic, nice!
Got back to FFX lickety split, weather was gorgeous. Let the bike sit for a few minutes then gave her a short bath. Hoped on and rode it around to the shed and put her up.
Then it was like a bad Hitchcock movie, skys got dark almost immediately then total white. The snow lasted for about 20 minutes.
By the snow time it was over I had beer in hand and a smile on my face. Nice when Mother Nature smiles upon ya!

Hope everyone had good long safe rides this weekend.
redman
Board Guru

Return to Ride Stories