North to Alaska Video's

Tell Us About Your Rides!

North to Alaska Video's

Postby RocketMan » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:34 am

OK, I'm no video photographer, so sue me already!

These were taken on the train up the canyon out of Skagway to the gold mining fields. The train was a narrow gauge, and damn it was not only a steep incline (for a train) at up to 3.9% but there wasn't much room and ledge dug out for it either! Would not want to be in a derailment event on this ride! We passed into Canada but since we didn't get off the train no customs or such needed.

Not sure what I was thinking in the middle video where I tilted the camera to get a better shot of the stream we crossed, guess I figured it would just rotate itself for proper orientation like with a still shot! Ha Ha! Now if I could just figure out how to rotate the frames to compensate then rotate them back, That would be cool!
Oh, and the same one where we enter a tunnel and it all goes black, well we Do come out again, it just takes a bit to get to the other end, guess I should edit out that part of it, eh?

Enjoy (hopefully, somewhat, perhaps????? ) Ha Ha!

Oh, and they, along with a few more are now on youtube on the TheDrFork channel I created for myself.
RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Return to Ride Stories