3 days of riding with pics, lots of pics!

Tell Us About Your Rides!

3 days of riding with pics, lots of pics!

Postby RocketMan » Sun May 01, 2011 7:10 pm

Friday, being my day off I took a nice little 200 mile ride down 29 to 806 and then came up into Remington and crossed 29/15 going north by west along Freeman's Ford Road with a stop at the Kelly's Ford bridge almost to 211. Then I headed south down toward Culpeper on Rixeyville then north again toward 211 along Eggbornsille Road, making a nice loop toward the end along Laurel Mills road, Aaron Mountain road and few others, ending up on 211 then home.

The first few pics are of a "Cat" house, (literally) in Catlett that looked abandoned but was full of cats, in the yard, on the porch and even inside staring out the windows. Took some pics at Kelly's ford of the river then found a nice old church Little Fork Church dating back to 1739-77 that is still in use. The main church was interesting in that it didn't have a steeple of any kind, it is just a simple brick structure. Besides a number of old/abandoned homes I also encountered two rather unusual modern homes, one of which I really like in the way it was designed to fit into the landscape and the other for its openness of design. Then I took some pics around Aaron mountain road and Rock Mills where there had been some serious flooding as seen in the debris piled up in the last photos.

All in all a great ride.

here is a slideshow of the first days ride..

http://roadrunes.com/photo/main.php?g2_ ... emId=65676

once it starts you can use the drop-down menus to change timing (default is 10) and image sizes

On Saturday I headed down to Dillwyn to visit with Jeanne's folks and then Sunday rode back along Slate River Mills road, along 602 to James River Road to 20 then to 616 to 22 then back to 20 at Boswells Tavern then home along 20 to Wilderness and then 618 to 95. Total for the weekend, nearly 600 miles, great riding each day with just a bit of chill Sunday as the clouds moved in. these are pictures from that trip including the lunch we had in Gordonsville at a nice upscale restaurant we like there.

Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Re: 3 days of riding with pics, lots of pics!

Postby Unity » Sun May 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Some great handyman specials there. Nice tour, Jeff.

--John
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
Unity
Shaman

Re: 3 days of riding with pics, lots of pics!

Postby Rick F. » Sun May 01, 2011 10:54 pm

RM,

Some great pictures in there, m'boy! Nice job. Don't you just love partly cloudy days for HDR photography?

I particularly liked the kitties-in-the-window, steeple-less church, mill ruins, and old-house-in-the-valley photos in the slide show.

As for the ones you posted, I looked at this one and initially thought you needed to cut back on the coffee. (Then I realized that the pane of glass was ripply...)

Looks like you had a great pair of rides. Thanks much for posting the evidence!

Rick
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550
2013 BMW 335i convertible (sold)
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
Rick F.
Board Wizard

Return to Ride Stories