Back in the Saddle.

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Back in the Saddle.

Postby Kres » Thu May 26, 2005 1:52 pm

12ish miles. Thats all I got.

But wow, how I needed it.

I gave that bolt one last shot, no joy. Guess I'll call up Mortons and see about getting another shipped to me. With that in mind I mangled a coat hanger to help brace my muffler - worked like a champ, doesn't even rattle. Click here to figure out what I'm talking about

Since I had the wheel ripped off of the bike, and did the work by myself - I was feeling a little bit uneasy about taking her up to speed. New Tire + DIY repair job = Jittery.

I decided to roll around the parking lot and see how she felt. Glad I did.

I decided to try out the back brake and immediatly went into a skid. A really smooth skip. No harm no foul, but not confidence enducing. So, I kept circling and skidding, trying to figure out it it was the new tire skim or something more. I came to the conclusion that it was just skim.

Out to the open road! The other thing on my mind as I brought her up to 45 was just how far out of balance the rear tire was going to be. Much to my happiness, not at all. I pushed it up to 60 and felt nothing out of place - other then an eeire smoothness.

Back roads to the Fairfax Parkway. Had some 400 year old Korean man that could barely see over the dashboard with 2 phone-books and a lung full of helium almost plow into me. Managed to goose it out of the way. Ack. That plus one sharp stop gave me a bit more confidence in the ride.

Pulling into the parking lot I felt alot better. Doing work on a bike, then having to let it sit does all kinds of things to your head. The bike is SO smooth after the Tech Day that it's just weird to ride it. It's like a whole 'nother bike. I'll be glad when I get the muffler bolt back on and that tire skim worked off - then she'll be complete.
-Kres
Kres
My other bike is a station wagon

Postby JimVonBaden » Thu May 26, 2005 3:04 pm

Good for you Kres! I know you needed a two wheel fix!

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby wildfire » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:51 am

[Deleted spammer's post - mrenloe]
[and banned his a$$ while I was at it.]
wildfire

Postby The Dude! » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:28 am

What is a dumbass spammer??

See above.
The Dude!

Return to Ride Stories