4 days riding with the buds, great weather

Tell Us About Your Rides!

4 days riding with the buds, great weather

Postby redman » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:12 pm

Man the weather! Spent the past 4 days riding with a couple old MC buds. First day was FFX down through Haymarket, 55 and on down and over the mountains to Harrisonburg then out 33 for a while. The next two days were long rides with the first heading to into WV to the NW of HB. Day after headed into WV to the SW. Yesterday was over the mountains on 33E to Orange then tons of backroads down to just north and west of Richmond then looped back and ended at Lake Anna where we stayed. Goofed around the lake kinda late this moring then headed north up back roads through Kellys Forge, cool little one lane bridge, on to Bealton, couple stops here and there through back roads to Warrenton then back to FFX. super trip with a great couple buddies. Hope everyones rides this weekend were as good as ours.
redman
Board Guru

Re: 4 days riding with the buds, great weather

Postby timtimtim2000 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:50 pm

Sounds great, Andy. I had a fun weekend, too. I did some gravel road riding around Manassas, VA on the GS. Spent the rest of the weekend fixing up the XL600R. It really was a great motorcycling weekend.
rides rat bikes
timtimtim2000
Board Guru

Postby BMWGirl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:29 am

Wow Andy, that's GREAT to hear!!! Glad you had such a fun weekend.

I rode down to Mortons with a great friend and didn't think I was going to spend any money, but if Patricia doesn't get you, Seth will. :lol:

Sunday, a friend and I rode over to North Beach for a housewarming, that was a nice ride too!!

It was a beautiful weekend!
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Postby Chiba » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:24 am

The weather really was stunningly pleasant this weekend - I managed to ride several hours Friday, Saturday AND Sunday - and very little of it on the highways :)

Once we get into November, weekends like this one we just had are precious few & far between until April. Next weekend's looking pretty good - sunny but colder.

--chiba
BMW MOA Digital News Editor www.bmwmoa.org
- 05 R1200GS - 98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -
Chiba
The FUNNY One

Return to Ride Stories