Reston VA to Fort Collins CO

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Reston VA to Fort Collins CO

Postby bobfromva » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:30 pm

...just wanted to thank everyone for your help in planning this trip. I will be leaving from Reston on Saturday, October 9th. I will be taking Rt. 50 for much of the ride. Hopefully the weather will nice. I plan on giving myself 5 days to get there. Going solo...my wife is going to fly and meet me in Colorado. Thanks again. Bob
bobfromva

Re: Reston VA to Fort Collins CO

Postby MrE » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:23 pm

bobfromva wrote:...just wanted to thank everyone for your help in planning this trip. I will be leaving from Reston on Saturday, October 9th. I will be taking Rt. 50 for much of the ride. Hopefully the weather will nice. I plan on giving myself 5 days to get there. Going solo...my wife is going to fly and meet me in Colorado. Thanks again. Bob

hit New Belgium Brewing while you are out there... and bring me back some Trippel.
The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
Mark Twain,
MrE
Adventurer Wannabe

Re: Reston VA to Fort Collins CO

Postby bobfromva » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:17 pm

Just got back from Colorado. It was a spectacular trip.....Road Time: 32 hours, Average Speed: 58, Top Speed: 101...Kansas sucked (wind and rain). Slightly under 2000 miles. Route 50 was fantastic. I shipped the bike back from Fort Collins with a company called, Iron Horse. Not back yet...but....no worries, yet.
bobfromva

Return to Ride Stories