Oh! Cyrus, what happened to your Nose?

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Oh! Cyrus, what happened to your Nose?

Postby RocketMan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:50 am

“I just returned from Rome!”

Well, ok, so I wasn’t actually in Rome, but I did ride down to Atlantic Beach NC for the week and did a day trip down to North Myrtle beach (yucky place IMHO, but popular with the younger crowd). It’s the first time Jeanne and I have been to this timeshare, nice location and accommodations and pretty quiet, which was nice. We went to the local aquarium which was nice and visited an old, old Fort known as Fort Macon and spent some time in a very old seaport named Beaufort that dates back to the 1700’s right across the river and has over 100 homes over 100 years old. We also converted our timeshare to points so we can use any other of the resorts owned by the company without any addtional fees and they have some nice locations all along the eastern seaboard and several inland in the mountains as well which will give us more options in the coming years.

Also got the LT sold off and its now living in Florida! Yeah!

Did about 1100 miles on the IT, all flat, straight roads and once past Richmond the highest elevation was on bridges and besides the coastal roads pretty boring, but then I don’t much like flatland riding for more than a few hours. But I did get in two ferry crossing on the way down the Outer Banks which was fun. In fact it was so flat and un-curvy that my tires both have a 3 inch wide noticeably flat spot right in the center of the tread! YIKES! Gonna have to fix that this weekend in WV!.

Pics coming later in a ride report…

Sorry I missed the SRR this year, sounds like you all had fun (not that that is unusual for SRR!)

That’s it in a nut shell..

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Re: Oh! Cyrus, what happened to your Nose?

Postby Rick F. » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:21 pm

RM,

Thanks for the info about Fort Macon and Beaufort. My wife and I (plus Buzz and his wife) all go to North Myrtle Beach for a week every year, and I've been meaning to check out the interesting historical stuff in the general vicinity. These sound like good candidates.

Rick F.
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550
2013 BMW 335i convertible (sold)
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
Rick F.
Board Wizard

Postby Rick F. » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:24 pm

RM,

Oh, and by the way, how to "Cyrus," Rome, and a Nose fit into your trip to North Carolina??!

Rick F.
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550
2013 BMW 335i convertible (sold)
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
Rick F.
Board Wizard

Postby RocketMan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:55 am

Rick F. wrote:RM,

Oh, and by the way, how to "Cyrus," Rome, and a Nose fit into your trip to North Carolina??!

Rick F.

They don't, I just like the qoute (its from a Firesign theatre album) sort a joke about the "Roman nose" see?

speaking of great quotes I was watching some old movie from the 1929 that was part speakie, part silent called The Mysterious Island ( linky to info on it ) and the mad scientist guy said to his friend who seemed to have Master of the World aspirations (he wanted to use the mad scientist’s “submersible boat” to conquer the world)

"I'll make a deal with you; don't bore me with your politics and I won't bore you with my science!" Ha Ha! I told Jeanne I could think of any number of times I could have used that line and am sure there will plenty more when it will come in handy!

Oh, and check out the NC Aquarium in Atlantic Beach while you’re up there, very good one with interesting exhibits.
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Return to Ride Stories