Bugs Don’t Fly When its Windy, It Seems

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Bugs Don’t Fly When its Windy, It Seems

Postby RocketMan » Sun May 09, 2010 9:29 pm

But the RocketMan does..

60 Degrees, breezy with mostly sunny skies
Perfect!

After 200 plus miles, a tank of gas and 7 hours I started seeing visions of a fat guy waiving his arms madly shouting “Gillian!!!” I realized what had started as a three hour tour was anything but…..
But the IT is just so easy to ride we just kept going….

In search of ……
Old things, abandoned things, new things, wooden things, fisheyes and reflections, entrances and exits to somewhere else, be it inside or out…

I liked this in the way the clouds, chimneys, line of trees and driveway coming in from the right all conspire to lead your eye diagonally upward and across the image to the upper left corner where the road takes you over the crest of the hill beckoning you wondering what lies beyond the horizon…

The route:
619 to 55 to 257 south to 17 to Warrenton to 211 west to little Washington. East by north on Fodderstock Rd to Griffins Tavern and north on 522 to Hume Rd east to/thru Hume to Crest Hill Rd south and then west back to Griffins Tavern a block north of where Fodderstock feeds into 522. Then 522 to 211 east to 605 to Nokesville Rd and home. The loop from Little Washington and back to Griffins Tavern is where most shots where taken awesome little loop, great country roads up and down hills and past farms and dipping down into forested creek beds and then back out into more open farm lands.

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Re: Bugs Don’t Fly When its Windy, It Seems

Postby Rick F. » Sun May 09, 2010 11:17 pm

RM,

Excellent photos and write-up, as always--but this picture is really a stunner:

In fact, it took me some time before I realized that it's an RM-assisted trompe d'oeils. Nicely done!

I got out for a Z4 drive today and managed to hit some of your favorite areas (i.e., Seneca Rocks and Route 33 from there to Harrisonburg). A great trip, but I'll have to see how my pic's did. (I think I got a good picture of the Lost River disappearing.)

In the meantime, thanks for posting.

Rick F.
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550
2013 BMW 335i convertible (sold)
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
Rick F.
Board Wizard

Postby DogHouse » Mon May 10, 2010 7:15 am

Beautiful pics as usual. =D>

05 R1200GS
97 Craftsman 19hp Riding Mower 42" cut
DogHouse
What? Again? Oy

Postby RocketMan » Mon May 10, 2010 8:09 am

Rick F. wrote:RM,

Excellent photos and write-up, as always--but this picture is really a stunner:

In fact, it took me some time before I realized that it's an RM-assisted trompe d'oeils. Nicely done!

I got out for a Z4 drive today and managed to hit some of your favorite areas (i.e., Seneca Rocks and Route 33 from there to Harrisonburg). A great trip, but I'll have to see how my pic's did. (I think I got a good picture of the Lost River disappearing.)

In the meantime, thanks for posting.

Rick F.

Thanks, I was rather pleased with this myself, I may try to add some waviness to the lower half and mute it just a tad to see if I can make indistinguishable from a real reflection!

Looking forward the river disappearing shot, I've been trying to find a way down to where it sinks, love to know how you get there.
I know its near Baker from looking at old Quadrangle maps but not sure how to get right down it.

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Return to Ride Stories