Mason-Dixon Winter Wonderland, by BMW

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Re: Mason-Dixon Winter Wonderland, by BMW

Postby mgiven » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:49 pm

In case anyone is still looking at this blog entry. The "Train Station" being referenced in the photograph is actually not a train station. It was the carriage house for the Tome Mansion (witch used to stand next door). It later served as a car delership and auto garage, and most recently as a private residence.
mgiven

Re: Mason-Dixon Winter Wonderland, by BMW

Postby Rick F. » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:08 pm

mgiven wrote:In case anyone is still looking at this blog entry. The "Train Station" being referenced in the photograph is actually not a train station. It was the carriage house for the Tome Mansion (witch used to stand next door). It later served as a car delership and auto garage, and most recently as a private residence.

mgiven,

Thanks for the correction and background information. That's one of the nicer-looking carriage houses I've ever seen. It also explains why the railroad tracks are across the street, closer to the river, rather than right next to the "station."

Too bad the Tome Mansion is gone--it must have been quite impressive. I'd still love to get a tour of the Tome School (without risking a trip to jail!)

Rick F.

PS: I turned up a picture of the mansion from the portdeposit.com website. It was quite impressive! It was torn down, sadly, to build a community swimming pool (which is also long gone).
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2020 Mercedes-Benz SL550
2013 BMW 335i convertible (sold)
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
Rick F.
Board Wizard

Previous

Return to Ride Stories