Motorcycle Grand Tour of Virginia

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Motorcycle Grand Tour of Virginia

Postby GMUSL » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:00 pm

Kitty, it was nice to finally meet you today at the Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill, VA.

You should have stayed for lunch. By the time I was done, there were 40 bikers there, including 4 beemer riders.

From White's Ferry, 15S to 50W to Zully Rd. S (in Middleburg) to 55 W to 647 S. Very nice riding, at least in the morning. [On the way home, at 91 degrees, I slabbed it on 66]

Judging from the crowd at the tavern, Maryland would clearly boost its own tourism if it held a Motorcycle Grand Tour of Maryland. Maybe BMWBMW can promote this with some government folks? [For those not familiar with the MGTV, go here's the site: http://www.motorcycleva.com/virginia-grand-tour.cfm
GMUSL

Re: Motorcycle Grand Tour of Virginia

Postby Blaster229 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:22 pm

GMUSL wrote:Kitty, it was nice to finally meet you today at the Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill, VA.

[i]You should have stayed for lunch[/i]. By the time I was done, there were 40 bikers there, including 4 beemer riders.

:lol: IF she was at a stop for any longer than 4 minutes, she had a mechanical. Kitty is in it to win it, there were other stops to get to. Nothing against you or the other 40 riders. :)
Blaster229
Ms. Kitty, Jr

Postby Inthpkt » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Blaster229 wrote:
GMUSL wrote:Kitty, it was nice to finally meet you today at the Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill, VA.

[i]You should have stayed for lunch[/i]. By the time I was done, there were 40 bikers there, including 4 beemer riders.

:lol: IF she was at a stop for any longer than 4 minutes, she had a mechanical. Kitty is in it to win it, there were other stops to get to. Nothing against you or the other 40 riders. :)

Geez......enough already. :lol:
Inthpkt

Postby Hello Kitty » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Mikey speaks from experience trying to run a rally with me. As it were, I was already close to a meltdown cause the place didn't open for another 20 minutes.

however, I do recognize a good lunch spot and have already suggested it to Walt if he takes a day off this week.

While I think the VA ride is a great concept. The organizers need to do a better job of making ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CERTAIN that folks at the receiving end are aware of the event and have the appropriate stamps in place. Yet to be seen how Diana deals with this and I will reserve judgement until I hear from her.

Good to meet you as well! I did have a fantastic ride today. what a gorgeous day!! nevermind the turnout of this event, I had a great day riding today. I think it wound up about 375 miles on the ole fizzer
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby Bicyclist » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Hello Kitty wrote:While I think the VA ride is a great concept. The organizers need to do a better job of making ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CERTAIN that folks at the receiving end are aware of the event and have the appropriate stamps in place.

Hmm, this sounds familiar. :lol:
George

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
Bicyclist
A.K.A. SANTA!!!

Postby unleashd » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:37 pm

Bicyclist wrote:
Hello Kitty wrote:While I think the VA ride is a great concept. The organizers need to do a better job of making ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CERTAIN that folks at the receiving end are aware of the event and have the appropriate stamps in place.

Hmm, this sounds familiar. :lol:

This is one of the reasons that I don't go out on this ride very early in the season. I've done this twice in the early weeks and have had bad experiences. Two years in a row, they had the same location in Front Royal. I went there in the first 2 weeks when the tour was announced and had to go back again, 'cos they did not have the stamps delivered to them :)
unleashd

Postby Hello Kitty » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:33 pm

Yeah, well, the lady in Richmond ought to at least reply to me :evil: :evil: :evil: I guess she doesn't realize who she's ignoring. It's BS that I should have to go back because she (not HER neccessarily, but they) didn't do their part.
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby Hello Kitty » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Well, the tour is over tomorrow. Anyone going to the awards ceremony?
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby JSWillis » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:42 pm

I plan to attend.

Hello Kitty wrote:Well, the tour is over tomorrow. Anyone going to the awards ceremony?
2007 K1200GT (well, sort of)
IBA#31809
Global Cooling - it's the coming thing.
JSWillis
Board Guru

Postby Hello Kitty » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Cool, depending on Walt's travel schedule, I might go :)
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby GMUSL » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:56 pm

Well, I didn't go to the final ceremonies (did anyone? how was it?) but today in the mail I received a $75 gift certificate I won from one of the sponsors. [I didn't get every location, so didn't win that cool jacket, but I did hit about 80% of the spots which was enough to mail in my passport and have it entered in the big raffle.] Pretty cool!! :D
GMUSL

Postby JSWillis » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:38 pm

Congrats!

I attended the ceremony - you missed nothing; imminently skippable.
2007 K1200GT (well, sort of)
IBA#31809
Global Cooling - it's the coming thing.
JSWillis
Board Guru

Return to Ride Stories