BMWBMW MD Breakfast ride 6/15

Tell Us About Your Rides!

BMWBMW MD Breakfast ride 6/15

Postby endobobdds » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:57 pm

Just got home after a nice ride (150 miles+).

Got to the Cozy at 11:00 and located about 12 club members just finishing breakfast. Did not know anyone by name and it seemed everyone was just there for breakfast/socializing and headed back home.

Those that know me, know that I enjoy eating, however, I enjoy riding much more! :D

I decided to take as many back roads as I could working my way back to DC. A couple of the roads I found worth going back to!

Hamburg Rd between Gambrill Park Rd and Yellow Springs (short but very, very nice!)

South from MD Rt 95 to Slidell Rd south then east on Baltimore Rd to MD Rt 121. Had to go across about a 15' wide stream (shallow but lots of loose rocks). Probably not the best idea on a lonely back road on my K1200RS but I hate turning around!

I stopped for a sandwich in Middletown, MD and received a nice father's day call from my daughter who is finishing her second year with Teach for America in a Brooklyn, NY high school.

I had very nice ride and hope others had as wonderful a father's day as I had! :D
Bob Smyth
'18 GSA, Triple Black
'04 K1200RS (Blue/White)
'02 K1200RS (Black - retired :cry: )
endobobdds
Board Guru
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 8:17 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby BMWGirl » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:59 pm

That's great Bob!!!

I know you love riding so glad you got out there. Although I'm a little surprised no one joined you.

You should have ridden south - we had a great ride from the BMW Xplor event!!! :lol:
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
User avatar
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!
 
Posts: 10121
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Queen of the World

Postby Rick F. » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Bob,

Sounds like fun, and I'm impressed that you wrestled your RS across the West Baltimore Road stream crossing. You're right that it's not deep--but the banks are fairly steep and slippery.

Hamburg Road is also fun, as it weaves in-between hundreds of rock outcroppings.

Don't forget to try the Scenic Tour some time, even though you've already done about a fourth of it from the SRR!

Rick F.
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2013 BMW 335i convertible
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
User avatar
Rick F.
Board Wizard
 
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:43 pm
Location: Catonsville, MD

Postby endobobdds » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:34 pm

Rick F. wrote:Bob,

Sounds like fun, and I'm impressed that you wrestled your RS across the West Baltimore Road stream crossing. You're right that it's not deep--but the banks are fairly steep and slippery.

Hamburg Road is also fun, as it weaves in-between hundreds of rock outcroppings.

Don't forget to try the Scenic Tour some time, even though you've already done about a fourth of it from the SRR!

Rick F.


I just down loaded the Senic Tour route. It certainly is a nice loop from WesMar!
Bob Smyth
'18 GSA, Triple Black
'04 K1200RS (Blue/White)
'02 K1200RS (Black - retired :cry: )
endobobdds
Board Guru
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 8:17 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby Inthpkt » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:36 pm

Sorry I missed you. I rode by Cozy about 9:30. Saw no bikes and kept going. Catch you next time.
Inthpkt
 

Postby endobobdds » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:46 pm

MABSTER wrote:Sorry I missed you. I rode by Cozy about 9:30. Saw no bikes and kept going. Catch you next time.


The meeting time at Cozy's was 10:00 am and when I arrived at 11:00 am there were 10 BMW's parked near the back of the parking lot.

Since you missed Greybeard at Trouts and missed us at Cozy I hope you found someone to have breakfast with! :D
Bob Smyth
'18 GSA, Triple Black
'04 K1200RS (Blue/White)
'02 K1200RS (Black - retired :cry: )
endobobdds
Board Guru
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 8:17 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Postby Inthpkt » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:59 am

endobobdds wrote:
MABSTER wrote:Sorry I missed you. I rode by Cozy about 9:30. Saw no bikes and kept going. Catch you next time.


The meeting time at Cozy's was 10:00 am and when I arrived at 11:00 am there were 10 BMW's parked near the back of the parking lot.

Since you missed Greybeard at Trouts and missed us at Cozy I hope you found someone to have breakfast with! :D


Nah. Just grabbed a cup of coffee at a 7-11 and rode for about 4 hours. Ended up somewhere in So. PA. Had to turn on the Garmin to get back home.
Inthpkt
 

Postby Rick F. » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:35 pm

endobobdds wrote:
Rick F. wrote:Bob,

Sounds like fun, and I'm impressed that you wrestled your RS across the West Baltimore Road stream crossing. You're right that it's not deep--but the banks are fairly steep and slippery.

Hamburg Road is also fun, as it weaves in-between hundreds of rock outcroppings.

Don't forget to try the Scenic Tour some time, even though you've already done about a fourth of it from the SRR!

Rick F.


I just down loaded the Senic Tour route. It certainly is a nice loop from WesMar!

Bob,

When you take the route, pay special attention to the turn right after first crossing the Shenandoah River. MapSource says it's "Bakerton Road," and that's what I used in the route instructions. However, Google says it's Bloomery Road and/or Millville Road. Regardless of its name, it's the immediate right turn after crossing the river on Route 9, at Bloomery.

Rick F.
For all my tour articles, check out rsftripreporter.net.

2013 BMW 335i convertible
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage
2006 BMW Z4 3.0i roadster (sold)
2005 BMW R1200GS (retired)
2003 BMW F650CS (sold)
User avatar
Rick F.
Board Wizard
 
Posts: 1687
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:43 pm
Location: Catonsville, MD

Postby Unity » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:05 pm

Rick F. wrote:MapSource says it's "Bakerton Road," and that's what I used in the route instructions. However, Google says it's Bloomery Road and/or Millville Road.

An illustration of one of life's eternal truths: If you need an expert opinion, do not consult more than one expert.

--John
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
User avatar
Unity
Shaman
 
Posts: 7168
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Reston VA


Return to Ride Stories

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron