Rocketman goes looking for 'scapes

Tell Us About Your Rides!

Rocketman goes looking for 'scapes

Postby RocketMan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:22 am

Since it was right at 32 Sunday AM with blue skies I headed out for the
VA breakfast RTE. Met some new folks, we had 6 in all including me. After b-fest we headed down 211 to Leads Manor road. The couple leading turned off along there and then the rest of us continued up and then along some side roads off Leads Manor (I forget the names) When we got to 17/55 one dude headed off on 66 the two others went up 17 (I assume) and I headed down 55 to Fort Valley. by then the temps were low 40's and still sunny so I just figured I'd ride till.....

Got to Leesburg and called Jeanne to say I'd be out for a few more hours (which turned into 5! HaHa!) I wanted to see if I could find some 'scapes for the assignment on MOA (which was "Landscapes" ) and it was just too nice to not just keep riding!

I wound up burning up a whole tank of gas and found a bunch of 'scapes, some that I will have to return to again
while it was the best time of day for riding (weather wise) it was the worst
for shooting (mid-day sun) so they came out a bit washed out if I exposed for sky or on the dark side if exposed for the land.

The upper part and lower parts of Fort Valley were pretty tricky with all the gravel on them, worse that normal summer conditions, but then it always is this time of year, so the going was slow, none the less the ride
was still great. I'd like to do it this spring on the airhead and explore the side roads to the right that go up the mountain and to the left that go down thru the valley, but on the Autobasu I didn't feel like risking getting to dead end and having to turn that beast around on a narrow windy road!

So here are some that I was able to shoot, all taken with the new Canon G9, unfortuneately I didn't realize that I had the ND filter deployed in the camera (which reduces the light input by a factor of 3), so the shots aren't the best they could have been, I even had my graduated gray filter with me but never used it *sigh*.

Too busy riding I guess since it was the first time out in two weeks.

TREE-Scape

ROAD-Scape

FEN-Scape

SAND-Scape

SKY-VALLEY-Scape

But mostly what I found and what really counts on any ride is that I found lots of...

"ESS"-capes! :lol:

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby Banshee » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:11 am

nice rocketman. thanks for posting the pics.
Banshee
Board Wizard

Return to Ride Stories