Ride for Kids

Put Together a Ride, Find Riding Partners, Ask Ride Advice

Ride for Kids

Postby kneeslider » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:18 am

Ride for a good cause!

Sunday 19 September @ 08:30 the Mall in Columbia Maryland.

Be there!

Thank you!
kneeslider

Re: Ride for Kids

Postby DUKR » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:41 am

kneeslider wrote:Ride for a good cause!

Sunday 19 September @ 08:30 the Mall in Columbia Maryland.

Be there!

Thank you!

Is this the "Biker Bash" for leukemia and lymphoma?
If so, that's already on my calendar...
DUKR

Ride for Kids - Columbia MD

Postby kneeslider » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:09 pm

This will be the 10th year for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundations Ride for Kids in Columbia. It's a biggie with all brands, many that are very loud & at idle sound like "potato, potato! Try it, you'll like it!

Be there or I'll send a team to track you down!

All the best,
Kneeslider
kneeslider

Postby After12yrs » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:13 am

Yep, if I get my bike back in time I will be there. In Bob's is a rally point, they will be leaving at 0800 as a group.
After12yrs

Postby JimVonBaden » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:11 am

If the weather ruins the RA Rally I will be there.

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby JimVonBaden » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:07 pm

After12yrs wrote:Yep, if I get my bike back in time I will be there. In Bob's is a rally point, they will be leaving at 0800 as a group.

Is anyone else going to be at Bob's at 8:00? I will be there!

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden

Postby JimVonBaden » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:15 pm

Well, for those of you in the forum who didn't make this event, you should be ashamed! :lol: Just kidding! But it was a great ride, if a short one. Took 1:45 to go 48 miles, but what do you expect when there were 500 Riders!

It was an incredible thing to behold, though I saw none of our group there, and none from BMWBMW at all. You guys must have been out riding somewhere else.

Beautiful 48 degrees and semi-dark when I left home. The sun was up by the time I got to Bob's BMW.

This is one of Bob's toys he lent to a friend to use for riding a child in for the ride! I love the color, and it was a quality machine!

Another of Bob's toys used to shuttle kids during the ride.

Bob was in Germany, so, predictably only 5 people showed up at his shop.

When we got to the Columbia Mall we saw a sea of bikes! Very impressive. Free Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and Starbucks coffee were waiting for us. This was one organized ride!

Needless to say there were some interesting bikes. The paint on this was fantastic!

Some BMW's, though none admitted to being from our club! (We need to do something about this!)

The stars of the show. Brain tumor survivors, brought on a few tears.

Some lucky guy won a new Honda, and another a mini Honda.

Now THAT is a lot of bikes! A great mix of all kinds!

You missed a lot of fun.

The ride was only 48 miles, but it was very cool seeing the faces of the people as we rode by! Some were in shock, some were grinning ear to ear, some were cheering, and others were just wondering when it would end! :lol:

The police had every intersection blocked, and despite the route crossing many suburban streets I never had to stop. It was a blast running red lights and riding the whole time without one stop.

I crested one hill and saw a couple miles of bikes in front of me, and a couple miles behind me with no end in sight in either direction! Very cool!

Next year I will definitely do it again! Besides, it is for a great cause. We raised $190,000 today! Not bad I'd say.

Jim 8)

PS The day was so nice I turned off my GPS and just rode for a while. When I got tired I turned it back on and routed it home. Just a short 300 miles, but what a day! :D
JimVonBaden

I was there 2. WHere was the rest of the club

Postby dcsapper » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:22 pm

Iwas there :D and so was my brother :P who came over from England to participate. We acknowledged BMWBMW :) with our contributions. This is the 6th time I have done this ride and there is still a pitiful number of riders from BMWBMW :oops: . This has to be the greatest charity to do something for and what could be more fun than riding your bike for charity. Come on guys lets show a bit of class and get more BMWBMW bmws there for next year's ride. :idea:
dcsapper

Postby PhilAger » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:47 pm

Glad you guys had a nice ride. Too bad this event always seems to conflict with other events. We were at the RA Rally, and had a nice time there as well. Just rain "a bit" on Friday.
Some other time I guess...
Phil
PhilAger

Return to Organize a Ride!