Anyone want to head out to Deep Creek Lake 5/24?

Put Together a Ride, Find Riding Partners, Ask Ride Advice

Re: Anyone want to head out to Deep Creek Lake 5/24?

Postby Ron P » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:24 am

And a good time was had by all! The ride went off just a few hiccups, the worst being missing a turn in Oldtown, MD. We thankfully adjusted by riding into Cumberland, MD and hit I-68 out to US 219, which brought us into McHenry. But otherwise, we had lots of good twisties and backroads to ride. They would have been better if not for a few trucks on the slow parts, but that's okay.

We found a BBQ joint on US 219 in McHenry that proved to be satisfactory for lunch and in the process, found out about adooley's love for BBQ. :D We took US 50 on the return trip that turned out to be a load of fun. We split up in Winchester, VA with me slabbing it on I-66 home and the rest of the gang heading out to US340 and I-70 to their respective destinations.

One thing i learned is that I need to get in better shape. Remember the Little Feat song "Old Folks Boogie"? There's a line in it, "And you know that you're over the hill/When your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill". I'm living it today. Ibuprofen is my friend.
Be sincere, whether you mean it or not.
I.B.A #55796
Ron P
Chief Scribe

Previous

Return to Organize a Ride!