Ride the BlueRidge Parkway, Dragon, Skyway

Put Together a Ride, Find Riding Partners, Ask Ride Advice

Ride the BlueRidge Parkway, Dragon, Skyway

Postby magicscott » Mon May 24, 2010 9:23 pm

Come one--come all...
I got a 4 day kitchen pass to do some riding over the Memorial Day weekend--departing 7 am Friday morning and returning on Monday. Get off the fence and come ride with me. Guaranteed to find the twisties, very scenic routes, and BBQ stops for lunch--what more could you ask for. If you want to go but can't--at least share your favorite route with me. Thanks in advance.
magicscott

Re: Ride the BlueRidge Parkway, Dragon, Skyway

Postby RocketMan » Tue May 25, 2010 8:15 am

nice side road in va would be Rt. 56 in either direction from the parkway, or both. with maybe a stop in at Montebello and/or Crabtree falls,both on the eastern side.
In NC there is Rt. 226 near Little Switzerland right off the parkway, and of course I have to insist a night's stay at the Alpine Inn right there. Its a very kool little Inn with a spectacular view and wonderful rooms and great b-fest, see pics Here can't say enough about it but once you stay you'll be back :lol:
Ride 441 over the Smokies, at one point the road does a 360 deg loop thru a tunnel then up and over the same roadway and continues in the same direction with a 100+ foot elevation change.

RM
Last edited by RocketMan on Tue May 25, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby dgraling » Tue May 25, 2010 8:48 am

I'm heading to Ocean City, Maryland on Friday night late and returning early on Sunday with the family. Once home I'm going to head down to Willville to spend Sunday night and come back to Northern Virginia on Monday - I may run across you somewhere down in that neck of the woods.
Don Graling
Centreville, Virginia
2009 R1200RT
dgraling
Frequent Poster

Postby Ron P » Tue May 25, 2010 9:01 am

My backside's gonna be parked in the La-Z-Boy all day Sunday starting with the F1 race from istanbul, followed by the Indy 500 and Coca-Cola 600.

Monday is World Superbike from Miller Motorsports Park in Utah.
Be sincere, whether you mean it or not.
I.B.A #55796
Ron P
Chief Scribe

Postby magicscott » Wed May 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks for the replies--will definitly check out some of the suggested roads and stopovers..
magicscott

Postby BMWGirl » Wed May 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Hey Magic - have a great time! I'm doing a quick trip to IL and back over the weekend. My trip will be fun but the ride there and back won't be nearly as eventful as YOURS. Have fun for all of us!! :mrgreen:
BECAUSE I CAN!!!
IBA #37898 - IBR - 2017 IBA #565 Woohoo

2015 R1200GSA white w/PURPLE :-)
'10 K1300GT
'05 R1200ST

"Riding is about having an adventure - you just go with it and No Whining!" Kermit
BMWGirl
GO COWBOYS!

Postby Marius » Sat May 29, 2010 11:52 pm

My backside's gonna be parked in the La-Z-Boy all day Sunday starting with the F1 race from istanbul

nice to know that I'm not the only one watching Formula 1
Marius

Return to Organize a Ride!