Ride to RA Rally

Put Together a Ride, Find Riding Partners, Ask Ride Advice

Ride to RA Rally

Postby Fletch » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:06 am

I'm leaving sometime tomorrow morning for Canaan Valley (Thursday). Anyone want to try and ride out together? I'm leaving from Bowie. I want to cut over the Blue Ridge Mts on 211 on the way to I-81.

Fletch
fletchdude
Fletch

Re: Ride to RA Rally

Postby dadsabiker » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:50 pm

I'll join you for the ride to Canaan if you want to go via Cumberland, MD. From Cumberland, I head North on 220 through Keyser, WV, pick up 50 West to Mt Storm and then south to Thomas/Davis and onto the resort. OR, if anybody wants to ride up to Cumberland, I can join them, as well. I plan on leaving early tomorrow and then checking in to the rally. Unfortunately, I have to turn around and ride back to Cumberland to work for the day. :x Then, I'll return to Canaan early AM Friday and stay for the duration. I know lots of GREAT roads in the vicinity, as this is one of my regular riding areas.
Last edited by dadsabiker on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dadsabiker

Postby Fletch » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:27 pm

dadsbiker sez
if you want to go via Cumberland, MD.

That sounds excellent but unfortunately I just made plans to hook up with two friends in Sperryville VA. If anyone wants to meet there, we will be at the Thornton River Grill at noon. Taking hwy 211 over the Blueridge to 81 south, then 33 into WVA.

Fletch
fletchdude
Fletch

Postby dadsabiker » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:44 pm

That sounds excellent but unfortunately I just made plans to hook up with two friends in Sperryville VA.

I totally understand.

ANYBODY ELSE??? :rider:
dadsabiker

Postby Hello Kitty » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:20 pm

dadsabiker wrote:From Cumberland, I head North on 220 through Keyser, WV,

:? North from Cumberland? :?
Kitty
Hello Kitty
Boss of Tina

Postby Genen8kua » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:03 pm

Hello Kitty wrote: :? North from Cumberland? :?

some people like to take the long way
Gene
2016 S1000XR
2007 R1200GS

What happens in the helmet stays in the helmet.
Genen8kua
GO COWBOYS!

Postby RocketMan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:41 am

snake wrote:dadsbiker sez
if you want to go via Cumberland, MD.

That sounds excellent but unfortunately I just made plans to hook up with two friends in Sperryville VA. If anyone wants to meet there, we will be at the Thornton River Grill at noon. Taking hwy 211 over the Blueridge to 81 south, then 33 into WVA.

Fletch

Instead of 81 take 211 to new market to 42 south then 259 west to 613 south (thru Singers Glen) to 33 west, not as fast as 81 but tons more fun!

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby Fletch » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:37 am

Rocketman wrote
Instead of 81 take 211 to new market to 42 south then 259 west to 613 south (thru Singers Glen) to 33 west, not as fast as 81 but tons more fun!

Cool, I'll check that out. I really don't like the 81 to 33 leg so a new route is great.

thx, Fletch
fletchdude
Fletch

Postby dadsabiker » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:47 am

Senior moment....SOUTH from Cumberland. #-o
dadsabiker

Postby dadsabiker » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:52 am

You're coming from the east or I would hook up with you tomorrow morning. You're definitely taking a better route; 33 out of Seneca Rocks through Harman and on to the lodge is hard to beat; although 42 from Petersburg, 50 from Keyser and the road up over Spruce Knob ain't too shabby either. :rider:
dadsabiker

Postby RocketMan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:15 pm

dadsabiker wrote:

You're coming from the east or I would hook up with you tomorrow morning. You're definitely taking a better route; 33 out of Seneca Rocks through Harman and on to the lodge is hard to beat; although 42 from Petersburg, 50 from Keyser and the road up over Spruce Knob ain't too shabby either. :rider:

I don't think WV has any BAD roads (well maybe bad paving wise), but not scenic wise certainly!

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Return to Organize a Ride!