Civil War-themed rides

Put Together a Ride, Find Riding Partners, Ask Ride Advice

Civil War-themed rides

Postby georgefalcon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:11 pm

Don Graling put together a ride to visit Guinea Station and Gen. Jackson's arm burial site a few years ago. It was fun, and interesting to me, Lona, and a number of others. It occurs to me that a great many of us (though obviously not all) BMW riders are touring riders, and our club sits in a prime area for those interested in Civil War-related history. We are, I feel, sitting on a potential goldmine of interesting motorcycle rides, and we're really the logical hosts for such motorcycle tours. The uniformed battlefield re-enactors usually commemorate specific battles every five years (135th, 140th anniversaries, etc.). The 150th anniversary of the Battle of Sharpsburg (Antietam), for example, is 17 Sept 2012. But organizing more casual rides in 2009 through 2011 might be good practice for 2012. Anyone care to help me organize and advertise some non-brand-specific tours along these lines?
georgefalcon

Re: Civil War-themed rides

Postby Sonar » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:15 am

Hmmm; Breakfast in Thurmont, lunch in Gettysburg, Afternoon Coffee in Harpers Ferry after visiting Antietam. =D>
Don C
2014 R1200RTW
I Buyed it to ride it!
IBA#: 357
Sonar
Board Wizard

Re: Civil War-themed rides

Postby Blaster229 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:47 am

Sonar wrote:Hmmm; Breakfast in Thurmont, lunch in Gettysburg, Afternoon Coffee in Harpers Ferry after visiting Antietam. =D>

Un huh, sounds good....... along with 20 or so other riders :|
Blaster229
Ms. Kitty, Jr

Return to Organize a Ride!