Gap and StyleSheet

Post Website Suggestions Here

Gap and StyleSheet

Postby wiredcur » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:34 am

I'll admit up front that I have explored the profile options but here are two things I notice that seem could be improved upon.

1. I see a gap at the top of every post. It coincides with the "UserBox" on the left hand side.

2. The black background hides a couple of the links at the top... "Mark topics read" and "Page X of Y"

'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

"I lift things up and I put them down."
wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Re: Gap and StyleSheet

Postby landofjeremy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:58 am

The first issue is specific to firefox and will be resolved soon (this was also pointed out in a prior thread in site suggestions, the PM one).

Your second image, located at http://wiredcur.smugmug.com/photos/3683 ... 3t-M-1.gif isn't showing up for me.

Thanks for the images - helps diagnose the issues. It's clear that Firefox isn't handling my changes to the site terribly well; I'll be sure to verify fixes going forward look good in both IE and Firefox.
JЄrЄϻλ
650GS BLACK

Support freeform radio!
landofjeremy
GO GIANTS!

Postby Firebird » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:16 pm

Say, how can I switch who posted a reply back to the left side as opposed to the right side of the page? You can PM me if you want.
Firebird

Postby Unity » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:39 pm

landofjeremy wrote:The first issue is specific to firefox and will be resolved soon

It looks like IE is the only browser that pulls the user ID into alignment with the message. The dreaded Firefox problem also occurs in Opera and Google Chrome. Anybody tried Safari?

--John
(No, I don't have Safari. I draw the line at how many browsers I will install. Actually, the audacity of preselecting Safari in the iTunes/Quicktime updater annoys me, so I'm boycotting Safari. [-X )
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
Unity
Shaman

Postby landofjeremy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Firebird wrote:Say, how can I switch who posted a reply back to the left side as opposed to the right side of the page? You can PM me if you want.

I believe you changed your preferred style to prosilver2, right? Hit the user control panel and Board Preferences. There's a dropdown that should currently say prosilver - change that to bmwbmw and you'll be back on the wagon with the rest of us. I will be working on some simpler designs that you should like.

Let me know if this isn't what you're talking about.
JЄrЄϻλ
650GS BLACK

Support freeform radio!
landofjeremy
GO GIANTS!

Postby Firebird » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:30 pm

landofjeremy wrote:
Firebird wrote:Say, how can I switch who posted a reply back to the left side as opposed to the right side of the page? You can PM me if you want.

I believe you changed your preferred style to prosilver2, right? Hit the user control panel and Board Preferences. There's a dropdown that should currently say prosilver - change that to bmwbmw and you'll be back on the wagon with the rest of us. I will be working on some simpler designs that you should like.

Let me know if this isn't what you're talking about.

Yup, this is what I was talking about. I can't wait for the new templates because I like the prosilver, but it doesn't have the BMWBMW style. :-({|= A girl is never satisfied. :( :lol:
Firebird

Postby kjackson » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:28 pm

Just another data point.

Firefox 3.0.1 here.

The prosilver template does not have the same issue as the BMWBMW template with "stacking" the profile and message body. In prosilver both the profile and message body are aligned to the top.

Kermit
Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut. - Winston Churchill

There are people dying every day that have never lived. - me

It'll become painfully obvious when the gun owners become "unreasonable".
kjackson
The PURDY One

Postby wiredcur » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:17 pm

kjackson wrote:Just another data point.

Firefox 3.0.1 here.

The prosilver template does not have the same issue as the BMWBMW template with "stacking" the profile and message body. In prosilver both the profile and message body are aligned to the top.

Kermit

changed my template to 'prosilver'. Profile and message body are aligned tops together. 'course the Profiles are on the right now.
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Postby landofjeremy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:24 am

wiredcur wrote:I'll admit up front that I have explored the profile options but here are two things I notice that seem could be improved upon.

1. I see a gap at the top of every post. It coincides with the "UserBox" on the left hand side.

2. The black background hides a couple of the links at the top... "Mark topics read" and "Page X of Y"

The first issue has been addressed and works correctly in firefox now. If anyone would be willing to confirm other browsers (DYING to see if safari works - John, can you test that for me? :lol: ) You may need to press F5 in your browser to pull down the latest stylesheets if you've viewed the website in your current browser.

I have a minimal design nearly complete that addresses the color issue as well. I do want to fix this one and give everyone at least two branded options to choose from, one being somewhat modern and the other being simpler.
JЄrЄϻλ
650GS BLACK

Support freeform radio!
landofjeremy
GO GIANTS!

Postby wiredcur » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:00 am

landofjeremy wrote:The first issue has been addressed and works correctly in firefox now. If anyone would be willing to confirm other browsers (DYING to see if safari works - John, can you test that for me? :lol: ) You may need to press F5 in your browser to pull down the latest stylesheets if you've viewed the website in your current browser.

I have a minimal design nearly complete that addresses the color issue as well. I do want to fix this one and give everyone at least two branded options to choose from, one being somewhat modern and the other being simpler.

YEA!!! Looks great!!

'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Postby RocketMan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:35 am

landofjeremy wrote:The first issue is specific to firefox and will be resolved soon (this was also pointed out in a prior thread in site suggestions, the PM one).

Your second image, located at http://wiredcur.smugmug.com/photos/3683 ... 3t-M-1.gif isn't showing up for me.

Thanks for the images - helps diagnose the issues. It's clear that Firefox isn't handling my changes to the site terribly well; I'll be sure to verify fixes going forward look good in both IE and Firefox.

actually I was seeing the same thing in IE----eeeeeee! but its gone now.....

Also I think its cause its a british program (the board stuff) as I noted that "color" is spelled "Colour"
those brits cann't speel or rite phorum softwhere, it seams.... :lol:

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby Unity » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:19 am

Jeremy, you da MAN!

--John
(I still don't love it, but having stuff line up right is a big improvement.)
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
Unity
Shaman

Postby DogHouse » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:29 am

Unity wrote:Jeremy, you da MAN!

--John

Love takes time. Give it a while, or maybe a few beers :D

05 R1200GS
97 Craftsman 19hp Riding Mower 42" cut
DogHouse
What? Again? Oy

Postby landofjeremy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:32 pm

Unity wrote:Jeremy, you da MAN!

--John

Thanks John. Btw, I'm 80% done with the minimalist style and will then address this one, make it a little less extreme in contrasting shades and colors. Here's what the minimalist one will look like
bmwbmw_minimal_screenshot.gif
JЄrЄϻλ
650GS BLACK

Support freeform radio!
landofjeremy
GO GIANTS!

Postby Blaster229 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:15 am

I wish there was a mobile version available. :(
Blaster229
Ms. Kitty, Jr

Next