Bay Bridge Ride II Information

Heard of an Event of Interest to BMWBMW Members?

Bay Bridge Ride II Information

Postby JimVonBaden » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:07 pm

OK, Here is the complete list of details for this ride!

The ride will take place on October 16-17. We will meet at:

Dockside Restaurant
1787 Castlewood Dr
Colonial Beach, VA 22443
Tel: (804) 224-8726

See number one on the map.

The ride will be held cruiser style in that we will not be hooning around. The route is established, however, for those that would like to participate, but don't want to be stuck riding slow in a large group.

Notice that we try to take only back roads that have some interest, and that we attempt to follow the water when practical.

We will meet at 8:00AM for breakfast, 9:00AM is the take-off time, and ride the first leg to Chincoteague Island where we will stay the night.

There are some excellent eating, and drinking, establishments on the island within walking distance of the hotel, and I expect we will have a great time relaxing from the day's ride.

Each leg will be roughly 250 miles, with the second day having optional side trips that could lengthen it to as much as 400. Most will peal off after crossing the second bay bridge making the ride about 250 if we skip on side trip. E-mail me for the route on MS Streets or Garmin Street Pilot map files.

This, of course, is in addition to your trip home from the second bay bridge.

There are two hotels on Chincoteague Island that are decent, and right next to each other.

Comfort Inn
4195 Main Street
Chincoteague, VA 23336
757-366-3700
http://www.chincoteaguechamber.com/comfortsuites

Hampton Inn
4179 Main Street
Chincoteague, VA 23336
757-336-1616
1-800-426-7866 for reservations
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=CLEK2V0QEFLZGCSGBIW2VCQKIYFCVUUC?ctyhocn=CCGVAHX

So far this ride has attracted the interest of over 2 dozen people. It may get even larger, or not, but it will definitely be fun!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at JimVonBaden@comcast.net
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby lionlady » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:54 am

Doesn't that just FIGURE?!

I'm now 'cut loose' from my 2 days a week at Bob's (drop in biz, hired another full-timer) with the request to work special events as needed. Bob specifically mentioned "Octoberfest: October 16".

DARN IT DARN IT DARN IT!

I actually figured I could do this ride. Grrr.

Pam
Ta da!
lionlady
Board Wizard

Postby frankparisi » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:36 am

Sounds good Jim, I'm still in.

If you want to start an hour two later. I wouldn't mind. :)
frankparisi

Postby After12yrs » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:28 pm

Jim,
Count me in. If you need help let me know. As you found out, i don't have a life outside work and riding.
After12yrs

Postby JimVonBaden » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:40 pm

After12yrs wrote:Jim,
Count me in. If you need help let me know. As you found out, i don't have a life outside work and riding.

In that case Paul, you should come to the Tech Day on Saturday at Bill's house! :D

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden

Postby frankparisi » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:16 am

Jim, how many folks do you have signed up for the BB2?
frankparisi

Postby RocketMan » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:55 am

I was just checking the rates at the two hotel listed here, looks like the comfort Inn requires a minimum 2 night stay starting that weekend! rates for the other one seem decent if split between 2 people it's less that 50 per person for the double queen bed rooms. There are some other hotels that look nice as well, finding a room shouldn't be to difficult.

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby After12yrs » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:24 am

JVonBaden wrote:
After12yrs wrote:Jim,

In that case Paul, you should come to the Tech Day on Saturday at Bill's house! :D

Jim 8)

Sorry I missed tech day. Had to work. Traveled to Norfolk Navy Base, the bad news was the 7 hour return trip. Seemed the storms you put up with in the morning decided to arrive about the time I left for home. Got home in the cage about 9 PM.

Give me two wheels, two lanes, and two days off.
After12yrs

Postby JimVonBaden » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:20 pm

RocketMan wrote:I was just checking the rates at the two hotel listed here, looks like the comfort Inn requires a minimum 2 night stay starting that weekend! rates for the other one seem decent if split between 2 people it's less that 50 per person for the double queen bed rooms. There are some other hotels that look nice as well, finding a room shouldn't be to difficult.

RM

HAMPTON INN SUITES CHINCOTEAGUE
4179 MAIN ST
Chincoteague ,VA 23336

$109 per night

I have a room booked there.

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden

Roll Call For BB II

Postby JimVonBaden » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:01 am

It is about time to start taking roll to make sure who is going, and who is not. Please let me know your intention by posting on the list.

Options:

Going and will meet at the Dockside Restaurant in Colonial Beach.

Going but will meet at Hampton Inn in Chincoteague around 6:00 PM.

Not sure if I will make it, but I would still like to.

Can't make this one.

I'll start with me.

Jim (JimVonBaden@comcast.net) Going, reservations at Hampton Inn.

Now it is your turn to add to the list.

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden

Postby jkerechek » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:31 pm

John (jkereche@jhuccp.org) Doesn't look like I'll be able to make this trip.
jkerechek

Postby Zsebra » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:32 am

I am going and have reservations at the Hampton Inn.

Bill
Zsebra

Postby JimVonBaden » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:42 am

Jim (JimVonBaden@comcast.net) Going, reservations at Hampton Inn.
Bill, I am going and have reservations at the Hampton Inn.

Just two? Come on guys Let's get going! So far VA is beating MD for a change! :lol:

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden

Postby G » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:21 pm

I want to go and my wife plans to be passenger. However with my work, things can change at the last minute. We will be leaving from Springfield, VA and meeting everyone at Colonial Beach.

Gavin
2002 K1200RS
G

Postby rickt » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:13 pm

I don't think I can make this one. That's nearing the end of the county seat contest and I'll probably be trying to squeeze in some more counties. I have too much time invested in this thing not to follow through to the end.

Enjoy the ride.
rickt

Next

Return to Events