Bob's Open House April 29 - Need Volunteers

Heard of an Event of Interest to BMWBMW Members?

Bob's Open House April 29 - Need Volunteers

Postby bdimon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:36 pm

Bob's is having an open house on April 29! They offered our club space to set up a table and talk about the club and our rally. Two of Bob's door prizes that day will be free registrations for the Square Route Rally. I'm sure the winners would like to ask club members about the rally.

I'm calling for volunteers to sit beside our banner, hand out cards, and talk about the club. Two in the morning and two in the afternoon would be great. Reply to this thread to sign up.

Spring Open House @ Bob's BMW Motorcycles

Apr 29 all-day
Bob’s biggest event of the year! Riders of all makes and models are invited to come and kick off the season at Bob’s BMW!
Guest Speaker: World Traveler, Keith Thye
In 1963 Keith Thye left Oregon for Pucon, Chile on a 1958 BMW R50 for a six month adventure, which was the first recorded motorcycle trip through the Americas. In 2013, Keith and five others repeated basically the same trip.
In 1990 Keith wrote the book Moto Raid chronicling the first trip and memorable stories like being thrown into a Peruvian jail. Now, in 2017, the second edition of the book is being introduced called Ride On and highlights the travels, this time in a more accommodating style, with hotels and restaurants instead of tents and sardines out of a can. The most recent book details the 2013 trip with many comparisons of the two trips, 50 years apart. The differences in roads, equipment, communications and culture are detailed.
All of this is and much more is what Keith will be sharing with us on April 29. Purchase your copy of The Whole Story: Moto Raid & Ride On: Moto Raid II in advance and we will reserve your seat for the presentation! Don’t forget to bring your book with you to get it autographed when you meet Keith.
Presentation of the All-New 2017 BMW G310R
Before the 2017 BMW G310R arrives to dealers this summer, Bob’s customers will have the opportunity to get a sneak peek of it at our Open House! The G310R will be on display all day and we will host a seminar to introduce the new model and answer all of your questions.
Virtual Reality Rides
FREE and FUN for ALL especially non-riders who have always wanted to experience 2-wheels but just haven’t for one reason or another. Choose from 3 virtual rides aggressive off-road riding, street rides, or on the track!
Door Prize Giveaways
Multiple chances to win great prizes. This years GRAND PRIZE is a Training Day at BMW Performance Center! FREE to enter and you do NOT have to be present to win!
Food
Back by popular demand…WOLO Food Truck! The first 50 riders to arrive and check in between 10am-noon and ALL while-u-wait service customers get FREE LUNCH!
Vendors
Speak with indsutry expers from leading brands like BMW, Schuberth, Arai, Scorpion, SENA, Olympia, Cardo, and MORE!
Savings
Shop HUGE in-store apparel and accessories sales plus specials on 2016 and 2017 motorcycles!
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Re: Bob's Open House April 29 - Need Volunteers

Postby bdimon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:20 am

Who is going to Bob's Open House this Saturday? Sounds like it will be a lot of fun.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby JonG » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:01 am

I plan to attend too.
JonG

Postby CCATTrn95 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:54 pm

I will be there as well. Not sure what time I'll get there. Although I'm a greenhorn, I'm willing to help where I can.
LSWashington
"Sir Gilead"
2008 R1200RT
Becky The Blue Demon :MJ:
CCATTrn95

Postby ERC Scott » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:53 am

I will be there in the AM. Arrival time to be determined, but when I'm there I will hang out at the club table and rope a few new/renewing members. I may have gotten 2 last night at a BRC class.
2016 R1200RS
2005 R1200 GS
2015 1290 SuperDuke-R

You don't choose your life, you live it.
ERC Scott
Board Wizard

Postby tatort » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:50 pm

this whole "working for a living" thing is getting kinda old....
tatort
Frequent Poster

Postby bdimon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:36 pm

CCATTrn95 wrote:I will be there as well. Not sure what time I'll get there. Although I'm a greenhorn, I'm willing to help where I can.

We are happy to have you there. The only requirement is enthusiasm! Welcome to the club. 8)
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
bdimon
Board Guru

Return to Events