7th Annual Twin Valley Rally 2016

Heard of an Event of Interest to BMWBMW Members?

Postby bdimon » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Registration is open to all for this year's Twin Valley Rally at the Willville Bike Camp 1510 Jeb Stuart Highway, Meadows of Dan, VA, 24120

Check the web page at http://www.twinvalleyrally.org/ for all the details.

I really enjoyed this last year. The motorcycle only campground is a nice facility. There is live music both nights. A microbrewery served beer on tap. Both Friday and Saturday dinners were delicious. Oh, and great riding roads all around.

I'm already registered. See you there.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Re: 7th Annual Twin Valley Rally 2016

Postby eap » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:10 pm

Beat me tuit, one of my favorites, last year as the first one I missed in 6 years - see u there! The website Bruce posted is a new one, so avoid the old one. Here is the official flyer http://twinvalleyriders.discussion.community/file?id=2866752
eap
Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://www.chesapeakebay.net
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby bdimon » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:00 am

They only have a few spots left for this years rally. This one fills up early so you better make a registration now if you want to go.

It's nice to see so many folks coming back year after year, and it will be nice to meet all the new folks.

ENTERTAINMENT
BLUE MULE will be back to entertain us on Friday evening.
BLACK MOUNTAIN REVIVAL will be entertaining us on Saturday evening.
And of Course CHAOS MOUNTAIN BREWERY will be back again with their selection of quality crafted beers.

HAVE QUESTIONS ?
Register on line thru our website at TwinValleyRally.org
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us at TwinValleyRally@gmail.com
Rally shirts and hats are still available for pre order only on line thru our website. TwinValleyRally.org or order page squareup.com/store/twin-valley-rally

Willville Bike Camp 1510 Jeb Stuart Highway, Meadows of Dan, VA, 24120
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby eap » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:41 pm

bdimon wrote:They only have a few spots left for this years rally. This one fills up early so you better make a registration now if you want to go.

It's nice to see so many folks coming back year after year, and it will be nice to meet all the new folks.

ENTERTAINMENT
BLUE MULE will be back to entertain us on Friday evening.
BLACK MOUNTAIN REVIVAL will be entertaining us on Saturday evening.
And of Course CHAOS MOUNTAIN BREWERY will be back again with their selection of quality crafted beers.

HAVE QUESTIONS ?
Register on line thru our website at TwinValleyRally.org
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us at TwinValleyRally@gmail.com
Rally shirts and hats are still available for pre order only on line thru our website. TwinValleyRally.org or order page squareup.com/store/twin-valley-rally

Willville Bike Camp 1510 Jeb Stuart Highway, Meadows of Dan, VA, 24120

Still a few spots left according to the rally chair - looking forward to meeting up with BMWBMW gang memberrs in this prime riding area! I will likley head down early in the week via overnight camp in Seneca Rocks or something like that...
eap
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby RocketMan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:37 am

I just signed up so there are still a few spots left if anyone is still considering going. Weather by then should be cooler plus its up in the mountains. I'm going to try to get there Thursday and stay at the Woodberry Inn Thursday,then head in early Friday morning as the Inn is just a few miles north of the Camp ground. I should be able to get a nice shady spot near a table back toward the bridge across the stream in the rear area. Most likely be on the DL but might take the SR (which would lots more fun going down the Parkway :D )

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby eap » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:08 pm

RocketMan wrote:I just signed up so there are still a few spots left if anyone is still considering going. Weather by then should be cooler plus its up in the mountains. I'm going to try to get there Thursday and stay at the Woodberry Inn Thursday,then head in early Friday morning as the Inn is just a few miles north of the Camp ground. I should be able to get a nice shady spot near a table back toward the bridge across the stream in the rear area. Most likely be on the DL but might take the SR (which would lots more fun going down the Parkway :D )

RM

I probably will be there by then, maybe Wednesday, and am targeting the same picnic table :lol: and will put up a large green Kelte NOAH tarps. There is another great spot, just before crossing the bridge off to the right. It is a finger jutting into the woods with the stream behind and also a picnic table. Oh, and there are lots of good areas for hammock campers too...
eap
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby RocketMan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:06 am

eap wrote:
RocketMan wrote:I just signed up so there are still a few spots left if anyone is still considering going. Weather by then should be cooler plus its up in the mountains. I'm going to try to get there Thursday and stay at the Woodberry Inn Thursday,then head in early Friday morning as the Inn is just a few miles north of the Camp ground. I should be able to get a nice shady spot near a table back toward the bridge across the stream in the rear area. Most likely be on the DL but might take the SR (which would lots more fun going down the Parkway :D )

RM

I probably will be there by then, maybe Wednesday, and am targeting the same picnic table :lol: and will put up a large green Kelte NOAH tarps. There is another great spot, just before crossing the bridge off to the right. It is a finger jutting into the woods with the stream behind and also a picnic table. Oh, and there are lots of good areas for hammock campers too...

Kool, after I check in to the INN I might head down to the rally site if you are setup, drop off my tent and say hey. Perhaps we could ride back to the Inn together and you could join me for dinner, they have a nice inexpensive restaurant on site, the food is pretty decent and they also have a full bar. Not but a few miles up the parkway, just past the Mill. Hank mentioned he's eaten there and maybe we can rope him in to joining us although he may busy helping set things up.
RM

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby RocketMan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:12 pm

So, anyone else going? I'm still planning on getting in Thursday and stay at the Woodberry Inn. Anyone want to join me on the ride down Thursday? Plan on leaving pretty early and take a relatively fast route to 250/60 then ride the parkway for the 170 miles to the Inn.
About 280~300 miles and a pretty easy ride, just the reverse week before last on the SR400 coming back from the Inn after my 4 day jaunt down and back to the NC line on the parkway.
Had pretty decent weather mostly.

RM

RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby eap » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Just a note: you can camp Thursday night at Willville if you want, it is open for business- may even have space A at the bunkhouse or cabin (?) - the Woodbury is fine too. See you there.
eap
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby lionlady » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:22 am

Chaz and I will be there! and friends from Ohio as well.
Ta da!
lionlady
Board Wizard

Postby RocketMan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:12 am

eap wrote:Just a note: you can camp Thursday night at Willville if you want, it is open for business- may even have space A at the bunkhouse or cabin (?) - the Woodbury is fine too. See you there.

Yeah but I really like staying at the Wooderry, always quiet, with a nice little pond, good food and close to the rally. I'll drop by Thursday late afternoon and hopefully we can go someplace for dinner with anyone who wants to join, then I'll be back early Friday AM to set up.
RM

RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby eap » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:13 pm

RocketMan wrote:
eap wrote:Just a note: you can camp Thursday night at Willville if you want, it is open for business- may even have space A at the bunkhouse or cabin (?) - the Woodbury is fine too. See you there.

Yeah but I really like staying at the Wooderry, always quiet, with a nice little pond, good food and close to the rally. I'll drop by Thursday late afternoon and hopefully we can go someplace for dinner with anyone who wants to join, then I'll be back early Friday AM to set up.
RM

Gotcha - I likely will swing by Hanks in Roanoke on the way and may get drafted to rub breasts &/or butts. Bypass plan is to bring in a growler of IPA from CHAOS Brewery direct to Willville on Tue or Wed... Ride the GAP ATTACK the following day whatever it may be... :wink:
eap
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby eap » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Anyone else going and would like to meet up, send me a PM for Cell phone info!
eap
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby bdimon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Chuck and I are riding down Friday morning. Looking forward to the rally and seeing BMWBMW members there.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby Maria V » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:08 am

I was not able to make it due to some work obligations, and I sent an email to the organizers...hope to get my pre-purchased shirt mailed to me.
Seems the weather turned out better than expected for most of the weekend!
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Next

Return to Events