Calling all SRR Lounge Volunteers!

Heard of an Event of Interest to BMWBMW Members?

Calling all SRR Lounge Volunteers!

Postby guitardad » Sun May 31, 2015 7:41 pm

Thanks to everyone who has signed up to help with the beer tent - this year, The Lounge! We'll be trying out a little bit of a new theme. Think "Mad Men" - white tablecloths and relaxing music. A couple of thoughts for everyone:
1. If you have a white shirt to wear, that would be great. We'll supply the bow ties and boutonnieres! (Smoking jackets and/or tuxes are optional :) )
2. We have a Bluetooth speaker system that will sync to multiple players. So if you have some music you'd like to bring along for your shift, just load it on your Ipod or smartphone. We have a bluetooth "dongle" to plug in,if your player doesn't have the capability itself. We'll have music, too, if you'd rather not worry.

There are a couple of open slots still available, if anyone hasn't signed up but wants to join in. PM me or Pam (lionlady) for info.

Looking forward to the weekend!
Chaz
'16 S1000XR "Raquel" - Red, the "energetic and quick-thinking" color
'79 R65 "Hans" - Red also ( I sense a pattern!)
guitardad
Original Oilhead

Re: Calling all SRR Lounge Volunteers!

Postby ChaseH » Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 pm

I believe 9 till closing is open on Sat night. Sign up Drew A and myself to reunite behind the bar to cover that shift. We'll be bringing and arguing over interesting music.
09 R1200 GS
14 S1000RR HP4

Scuba Travel & Motorcycle photos
http://chaseh.smugmug.com/
ChaseH
Where GS = Gone Skidding

Postby guitardad » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:48 pm

Excellent! A classy crew, if ever there was one!
Chaz
'16 S1000XR "Raquel" - Red, the "energetic and quick-thinking" color
'79 R65 "Hans" - Red also ( I sense a pattern!)
guitardad
Original Oilhead

Postby bdimon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:25 am

guitardad wrote:So if you have some music you'd like to bring along for your shift, just load it on your Ipod or smartphone. We have a bluetooth "dongle" to plug in,if your player doesn't have the capability itself. We'll have music, too, if you'd rather not worry.

Classy, huh? I have everything from Andrea Bocelli to Cowboy Troy on my phone."It's my last yee-hah..." Dum, Da dee Dee dum... :flask:
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby lionlady » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:34 am

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! For all your hard work, and calm, willing support as we got settled in to the new version of the beer tent. We had plenty of folks step up and pitch in where/when needed. The music was well received. The keg beer selection seemed to have been well approved. (Special thanks to Kurtis/Scott for that!). We sold more beer this year than last, so something went right.

For Chaz and I, it was fun, and stressful and exciting and hilarious, and a general good time. We learned a lot. Nobody died or had to be carried back to their bunks. There was no rioting. We weathered a few snafus but that's to be expected with "management change." It seemed that folks liked the new and "improved" version.

We've made copious notes, and will be back next year with (hopefully) a more seamless operation.

Thank you again, everyone, for helping to make this a success!!

Pam
Ta da!
lionlady
Board Wizard

Postby Maria V » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Nice job Pam and Chaz! =D>
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Return to Events