BMWBMW OctoberFest 10/4-5, Thurmont MD

Heard of an Event of Interest to BMWBMW Members?

Re: BMWBMW OctoberFest 10/4-5, Thurmont MD

Postby adooley » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:39 am

T.Wesley wrote:Big thanks to everybody who helped make Oktoberfest awesome, and especially Ed & Barb, who organized the whole thing!! I had a great time =D>

Ditto on what Wes said! Thanks big time to Maria, Ed and Barbara for making yet another successful Oktoberfest! Kudos to Barbara for actually allowing me in the kitchen again this year and actually make something that didn't come with a warning from the surgeon general. Thanks to all who came as well. You guys were great company! =D> :D
adooley

Postby Unity » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Maria V wrote:What Wes said - great planning by Ed and Barb! The food was terrific, and the door prizes were fun as always. (Where is a pic of Dooley in the hat he won?)
Thanks to all who helped to make the work part of the weekend a bit more manageable. Whether we needed tables setup, or kitchen staffing, folks were willing to pitch in. =D>
THANKS!

Yes, where are the Dooley hat pics? (Never mind that Holstein and stripes don't go together. At all.)

This event is an tremendous amount of work for the Phelps team, and I hope they know how much we appreciate and enjoy their efforts. Great job, Barb and Ed! Thank you!

--John
2002 R1150RT, Silver
Silver, the "cool and aloof" color.
(Road & Track Vol. 56, No.2, p. 19)

1971 Triumph Bonneville, Gold
Gold, the "paying the restorer" color.
(Trust me.)
Unity
Shaman

Postby Flash! » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:24 pm

We had a wonderful afternoon and evening visiting with all the friends we've missed this summer, enjoying the snacks everyone provided, and eating the incredible food Barb and her "crew" prepared.The variety this year was amazing. It was a beautiful fall day, perfect for visiting around the cozy fire Cheree kept in shape for us. I love hearing about folks' past rides and the plans for the coming year.

Thanks to Greg for graciously sharing the interesting prize (a small drink glass with barbed wire around the stem) he won with me. We searched for anything that looked like that, and came up with a reference -

Pretty cool!

And someone snagged my camera for an unauthorized selfie -

Thanks again, Ed and Barb, for another memorable Oktoberfest.

Jody
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice.

2012 F650GS, Yellow and Black
Flash!
Board Guru

Postby Wild Pig » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:41 pm

Man, there's two good lookin dudes right there!
Jim

tunc non est ut sues
Wild Pig
Frequent Oinker

Previous

Return to Events