Sept 16/ 17 & 18th

Heard of an Event of Interest to BMWBMW Members?

Postby IAMBOB » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:02 pm

Ok, due to lack of interest in the lighthouse challenbe. change of venue.

Still have the house available for camping if you like.. for the week-end. 17th do a TechDay, followed in the evening by a RTE to Solomons.. I'm SURE we can think of a longer route there to make it more then the 30 miles straight route. I think the lighthouse ride was too much for me to do, being that I've never done a group ride before, and not sure what that would entail.

BUT if anyone is interested in doing the Lighhouses can still use our house as a jump off point that morning if you like..

SO if you want to camp, camp, if you just want to do the Tech Day, cool show up, if you just want to do the RTE cool too.. I'll post the time and place.

Just let me know so i can do the logistics thing..
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Postby raysuf » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:06 pm

itsbob wrote:Ok, due to lack of interest in the lighthouse challenbe. change of venue.

Still have the house available for camping if you like.. for the week-end. 17th do a TechDay, followed in the evening by a RTE to Solomons.. I'm SURE we can think of a longer route there to make it more then the 30 miles straight route. I think the lighthouse ride was too much for me to do, being that I've never done a group ride before, and not sure what that would entail.

BUT if anyone is interested in doing the Lighhouses can still use our house as a jump off point that morning if you like..

SO if you want to camp, camp, if you just want to do the Tech Day, cool show up, if you just want to do the RTE cool too.. I'll post the time and place.

Solomon's for Food?
http://www.bmwbmw.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2385
raysuf

Postby IAMBOB » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:15 pm

raysuf wrote:
itsbob wrote:Ok, due to lack of interest in the lighthouse challenbe. change of venue.

Solomon's for Food?
http://www.bmwbmw.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2385

THAT would be the place.. and agree with the Cream of Crab soup!! AWESOME!!
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Postby jbfields3 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:06 am

I'll try to make it. I'm still figuring out the schedule for the rest of the montn.
jbfields3

Postby wiredcur » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:19 am

push to the top....

So let me get this straight, it's a Tech Day on Saturday then an RTE@5pm leaving from the TechDay location. And Camping is available for Saturday night?

I'm thinking of skipping the Tech Day piece and do the Lighthouse Challenge, hitting Fort Washington, Drum and Cove Point and Piney Point on the way down. Then do the Eastern Shore on Sunday. Do the Ferry's still run?

I've been out of the loop on MC events lately and been jones'n for a long ride. This would suffice.
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

"I lift things up and I put them down."
wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Postby JimVonBaden » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:21 am

No camping for me, unless it is Friday night. I have to fly out Sunday morning. But I will be at the tech day sporting new tires and a rebuilt final drive!

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby wiredcur » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:26 am

OK... am correct in assuming that what I read about the Smith Island Ferry when it says "Passenger Only" that it means "No Vehicles"?

Anyone? Anyone? Can I get me and my bike across the bay from Point Lookout via Ferry?
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Postby IAMBOB » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:31 am

wiredcur wrote:push to the top....

So let me get this straight, it's a Tech Day on Saturday then an RTE@5pm leaving from the TechDay location. And Camping is available for Saturday night?

I'm thinking of skipping the Tech Day piece and do the Lighthouse Challenge, hitting Fort Washington, Drum and Cove Point and Piney Point on the way down. Then do the Eastern Shore on Sunday. Do the Ferry's still run?

I've been out of the loop on MC events lately and been jones'n for a long ride. This would suffice.

Which Ferry?? If you start here you can knock out four lighthouses in a couple of hours.. I'm six miles north of Point Look Out, Piney Point is about 30 minutes form here.. and Drum Point and Cove Point are accessed from Solomons Island..

My plan(Before it was revised) was to start out here early Saturday morning, and get to the Eastern Shore Lighthouses first thing.. then work my way back, then when I was done, or ran out of time I'd be close to home.. and not have a three hour ride back home at 9 PM.. Then Sunday all you'd have left are probably the four southern houses, and be done by 11:00 on Sunday...

If there was more interest, or if people think they maybe interested, I'd like to put this together for next years lighthouse challenge.. Looks like a fun ride, lot of backroads, lots of interesting stops.

You can camp here Friday and/ or Saturday..
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Postby IAMBOB » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:34 am

wiredcur wrote:OK... am correct in assuming that what I read about the Smith Island Ferry when it says "Passenger Only" that it means "No Vehicles"?

Anyone? Anyone? Can I get me and my bike across the bay from Point Lookout via Ferry?

No you can't.. the one ferry from there doesn't go across the Bay.. and it's is Passenger only.. Only way across at this point is back up to Annapolis and the bridge.. If it could be done, I'd already have done it!!
Last edited by IAMBOB on Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Postby IAMBOB » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:35 am

JimVonBaden wrote:No camping for me, unless it is Friday night. I have to fly out Sunday morning. But I will be at the tech day sporting new tires and a rebuilt final drive!

Jim 8)

Great!!

Did want to ask.. if I wanted to do a Valve adj, and TB sunch.. what do I need to buy??
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Postby wiredcur » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:53 pm

itsbob wrote:<snip>
No you can't.. the one ferry from there doesn't go across the Bay.. and it's is Passenger only.. Only way across at this point is back up to Annapolis and the bridge.. If it could be done, I'd already have done it!!

OK... Here's my plan for the Lighthouse Challenge
Saturday
- Fort Washington
- Drum and Cove Point
- Piney Point
- Point Lookout

- RTE
- Camping at itsbob's place (anyone else staying Saturday night?)
Sunday
- North to Annapolis and cross to the Eastern shore.
- counter-clockwise around the bay to get the rest of the lighthouses.

WOOWHO!!! sounds like a ride!!!
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

Postby JimVonBaden » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:44 pm

wiredcur wrote:
itsbob wrote:<snip>

OK... Here's my plan for the Lighthouse Challenge
Saturday
- Fort Washington
- Drum and Cove Point
- Piney Point
- Point Lookout

- RTE
- Camping at itsbob's place (anyone else staying Saturday night?)
Sunday
- North to Annapolis and cross to the Eastern shore.
- counter-clockwise around the bay to get the rest of the lighthouses.

WOOWHO!!! sounds like a ride!!!

Be careful, you might ride more than your record 250 miles! :lol:

Jim 8)
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby RickP » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:09 pm

Since I haven't been to Solomon's in years, this was starting interest me as a weekend trip. Sooooo, I was some checking for lodging in the area, and there is a arts festival in Solomons this weekend and everyone seems to be booked (including Lexington Park / California). I just throw this out there as an FYI regarding parking and seating for dinner.

On the plus side, the fire dept is serving breakfast from 8-11 Sun. morning.

-RickP.
RickP

Postby IAMBOB » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:35 pm

RickP wrote:Since I haven't been to Solomon's in years, this was starting interest me as a weekend trip. Sooooo, I was some checking for lodging in the area, and there is a arts festival in Solomons this weekend and everyone seems to be booked (including Lexington Park / California). I just throw this out there as an FYI regarding parking and seating for dinner.

On the plus side, the fire dept is serving breakfast from 8-11 Sun. morning.

-RickP.

I have a tent you can borrow, sleeping bag.. etc..
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Postby wiredcur » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:50 pm

JimVonBaden wrote:Be careful, you might ride more than your record 250 miles! :lol:

Jim 8)

I hope so!!!

wisea$$ :wink:
'04 BMW R1150GS - RatGS

wiredcur
The Fluffernutter Kid

PreviousNext

Return to Events