Page 5 of 5

Re: 7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:04 am
by RocketMan
Had a nice time just hanging out but boy was it chilly on the ride down as I was on my bare bones SR, the tips of my fingers were numb by the time I arrived. Meet a gentleman (who also happens to be named Jeff, so you just Know he's a very cultured individual! :lol: ) with a very nice Leica rangefinder style mirrorless camera and we had a nice long chat about cameras, riding and such and it seems we share a number of interests and enjoy similar types of road trips. Food was good as always and always nice to run into others I don't often get a chance to chat with.
Only down side is that Jim Still does not have any SR400 specific door prizes, so what's up with that??? :shock:
RM

Re: 7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:04 pm
by JimVonBaden
RocketMan wrote:Had a nice time just hanging out but boy was it chilly on the ride down as I was on my bare bones SR, the tips of my fingers were numb by the time I arrived. Meet a gentleman (who also happens to be named Jeff, so you just Know he's a very cultured individual! :lol: ) with a very nice Leica rangefinder style mirrorless camera and we had a nice long chat about cameras, riding and such and it seems we share a number of interests and enjoy similar types of road trips. Food was good as always and always nice to run into others I don't often get a chance to chat with.


It is true we seem to share a lot in common among riders. Lots of us like to take photos, few are as good as you are.
Only down side is that Jim Still does not have any SR400 specific door prizes, so what's up with that??? :shock:
RM


I will do my best next year! :-)

Jim :cool:

Re: 7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:39 pm
by jskene
Excellent tech day, Jim. Well done!

It was a large crowd, with many fluid and tire changes, adjustment & installs going on simultaneously and enough know-how in the group that any and all questions were quickly answered. A great service to the club.

Re: 7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:38 pm
by JimVonBaden
jskene wrote:Excellent tech day, Jim. Well done!

It was a large crowd, with many fluid and tire changes, adjustment & installs going on simultaneously and enough know-how in the group that any and all questions were quickly answered. A great service to the club.

Thanks Jerry. I saw you jumping in too! =D>

Jim :cool:

Re: 7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:24 pm
by eap
Damn,- Sorry, I missed this again I had to travel over the weekend to Indiana to see a sick relative. I will try again next year. Thanks for all you do Jim.

Ed
'EAP'

Re: 7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:43 pm
by thanatos1224
JimVonBaden wrote:BTW Dave, tell your wife she is a rum genius! That is the best rum I ever had, and to call it sipping rum would be a gross injustice! [-o<

Jim :cool:


She started to look for that rum right after my Tech Day and was hoping you would like it. Cheers.

Re: 7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:08 pm
by JimVonBaden
By the way, all you door prize winners, make sure you thank the sponsors so we can get door prizes again next year! :deal

www.beemerboneyard.com ..................................................Used BMW Parts, and many new replacement parts and supplies

www.bestrestproducts.com ......................................................................................................Great parts and Accessoriess

www.marcparnes.com ......................................................................................................Excellent quality tools for the BMW

www.cyclenutz.com ..........................................................Great selection of BMW and other brands of motorcycle accessories

www.beemershop.com .....................BMW Accessories, parts and service, plus the US distributer of the GS-911 diagnostic tool

www.hex.co.za .................................................................Creator of the BMW GS-911 diagnostic tool, and other service items

www.www.skenedesign.com .............................................................................................Excellent quality light accessories

www.motopowerpuck.com ...................................................................................................Wireless phone charging system

Re: 7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:09 pm
by JimVonBaden
thanatos1224 wrote:
JimVonBaden wrote:BTW Dave, tell your wife she is a rum genius! That is the best rum I ever had, and to call it sipping rum would be a gross injustice! [-o<

Jim :cool:


She started to look for that rum right after my Tech Day and was hoping you would like it. Cheers.

It is half gone now! =D>

Jim :cool:

Re: 7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:55 pm
by thanatos1224
JimVonBaden wrote:
thanatos1224 wrote:
JimVonBaden wrote:BTW Dave, tell your wife she is a rum genius! That is the best rum I ever had, and to call it sipping rum would be a gross injustice! [-o<

Jim :cool:


She started to look for that rum right after my Tech Day and was hoping you would like it. Cheers.

It is half gone now! =D>

Jim :cool:


Well gee wiz Wally, I was going to taste it on Sunday. Leave a sip or two :-)

Re: 7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:43 am
by JimVonBaden
thanatos1224 wrote:
JimVonBaden wrote:
thanatos1224 wrote:
JimVonBaden wrote:BTW Dave, tell your wife she is a rum genius! That is the best rum I ever had, and to call it sipping rum would be a gross injustice! [-o<

Jim :cool:


She started to look for that rum right after my Tech Day and was hoping you would like it. Cheers.

It is half gone now! =D>

Jim :cool:


Well gee wiz Wally, I was going to taste it on Sunday. Leave a sip or two :-)

There MAY be a sip left. :-)

Jim :cool: