7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

Got a Tech Question? Know something about BMWs?

Moderator: JimVonBaden

Re: 7th Annual JVB Tech day in Alexandria, VA. 4/21/2018

Postby RocketMan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:04 am

Had a nice time just hanging out but boy was it chilly on the ride down as I was on my bare bones SR, the tips of my fingers were numb by the time I arrived. Meet a gentleman (who also happens to be named Jeff, so you just Know he's a very cultured individual! :lol: ) with a very nice Leica rangefinder style mirrorless camera and we had a nice long chat about cameras, riding and such and it seems we share a number of interests and enjoy similar types of road trips. Food was good as always and always nice to run into others I don't often get a chance to chat with.
Only down side is that Jim Still does not have any SR400 specific door prizes, so what's up with that??? :shock:
RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Postby JimVonBaden » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:04 pm

RocketMan wrote:Had a nice time just hanging out but boy was it chilly on the ride down as I was on my bare bones SR, the tips of my fingers were numb by the time I arrived. Meet a gentleman (who also happens to be named Jeff, so you just Know he's a very cultured individual! :lol: ) with a very nice Leica rangefinder style mirrorless camera and we had a nice long chat about cameras, riding and such and it seems we share a number of interests and enjoy similar types of road trips. Food was good as always and always nice to run into others I don't often get a chance to chat with.

It is true we seem to share a lot in common among riders. Lots of us like to take photos, few are as good as you are.
Only down side is that Jim Still does not have any SR400 specific door prizes, so what's up with that??? :shock:
RM

I will do my best next year! :-)

Jim :cool:
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby jskene » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:39 pm

Excellent tech day, Jim. Well done!

It was a large crowd, with many fluid and tire changes, adjustment & installs going on simultaneously and enough know-how in the group that any and all questions were quickly answered. A great service to the club.
jskene
Board Guru

Postby JimVonBaden » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:38 pm

jskene wrote:Excellent tech day, Jim. Well done!

It was a large crowd, with many fluid and tire changes, adjustment & installs going on simultaneously and enough know-how in the group that any and all questions were quickly answered. A great service to the club.

Thanks Jerry. I saw you jumping in too! =D>

JimVonBaden

Postby eap » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Damn,- Sorry, I missed this again I had to travel over the weekend to Indiana to see a sick relative. I will try again next year. Thanks for all you do Jim.

Ed
'EAP'
eap
Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://www.chesapeakebay.net
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby thanatos1224 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:43 pm

JimVonBaden wrote:BTW Dave, tell your wife she is a rum genius! That is the best rum I ever had, and to call it sipping rum would be a gross injustice! [-o<

She started to look for that rum right after my Tech Day and was hoping you would like it. Cheers.
David & Carol
Just finding an excuse to ride
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby JimVonBaden » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:08 pm

By the way, all you door prize winners, make sure you thank the sponsors so we can get door prizes again next year! :deal

www.beemerboneyard.com ..................................................Used BMW Parts, and many new replacement parts and supplies

www.bestrestproducts.com ......................................................................................................Great parts and Accessoriess

www.marcparnes.com ......................................................................................................Excellent quality tools for the BMW

www.cyclenutz.com ..........................................................Great selection of BMW and other brands of motorcycle accessories

www.beemershop.com .....................BMW Accessories, parts and service, plus the US distributer of the GS-911 diagnostic tool

www.hex.co.za .................................................................Creator of the BMW GS-911 diagnostic tool, and other service items

www.www.skenedesign.com .............................................................................................Excellent quality light accessories

www.motopowerpuck.com ...................................................................................................Wireless phone charging system
JimVonBaden

Postby JimVonBaden » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:09 pm

thanatos1224 wrote:
JimVonBaden wrote:BTW Dave, tell your wife she is a rum genius! That is the best rum I ever had, and to call it sipping rum would be a gross injustice! [-o<

She started to look for that rum right after my Tech Day and was hoping you would like it. Cheers.

It is half gone now! =D>

JimVonBaden

Postby thanatos1224 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:55 pm

JimVonBaden wrote:
thanatos1224 wrote:

It is half gone now! =D>

Well gee wiz Wally, I was going to taste it on Sunday. Leave a sip or two :-)
David & Carol
Just finding an excuse to ride
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby JimVonBaden » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:43 am

thanatos1224 wrote:
JimVonBaden wrote:
thanatos1224 wrote:

It is half gone now! =D>

Well gee wiz Wally, I was going to taste it on Sunday. Leave a sip or two :-)

There MAY be a sip left. :-)

JimVonBaden

Previous

Return to Tech