2017 BMWBMW Square Route Rally Tech Day!

Got a Tech Question? Know something about BMWs?

Moderator: JimVonBaden

Re: 2017 BMWBMW Square Route Rally Tech Day!

Postby Robb » Wed May 31, 2017 1:03 pm

JimVonBaden wrote:
Robb wrote:Curious about a tire-change for an R100/7. Noticed my rear Lasertec is bereft of tread down the middle after a trip to Florida last month.

The problem is the compressor. I can bring levers and lube, but the lack of a reasonably decent compressor is an issue.

If you want, we can get together one day soon at my place and change your tire.

Jim :cool:

Ah, understood! I'll go ahead and order a tire now. Let me know your availability before or after the SRR and we can go from there. Thanks!

Any other airhead maintenance going on at the rally? I'm a sponge for knowledge.
1978 BMW R100/7
Robb

Postby JimVonBaden » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Don't forget to bring your supplies and any tools you have. I will have a lot of tools, but maybe not enough for everyone all at once.

Also, make sure you can haul out what you haul in for oils.

See you there!

JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby JimVonBaden » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:02 pm

Robb wrote:
JimVonBaden wrote:
Robb wrote:Curious about a tire-change for an R100/7. Noticed my rear Lasertec is bereft of tread down the middle after a trip to Florida last month.

The problem is the compressor. I can bring levers and lube, but the lack of a reasonably decent compressor is an issue.

If you want, we can get together one day soon at my place and change your tire.

Ah, understood! I'll go ahead and order a tire now. Let me know your availability before or after the SRR and we can go from there. Thanks!

Any other airhead maintenance going on at the rally? I'm a sponge for knowledge.

I'll talk with you at the rally, but next week is good, after 5.

As for airhead maintenance. it is not my specialty, but I am OK at it. Lots of airhead gurus at the rally though.

JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby Woody » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:28 am

Jim, This will be my first rally; bringing a F800ST, oil, filter, DOT 4 for a brake fluid change, and a desire to learn some basic maintenance. I look fwd to meeting you and appreciate very much your blogs. Woody
Woody

Previous

Return to Tech