XenonRider

Got a Tech Question? Know something about BMWs?

Moderator: JimVonBaden

XenonRider

Postby IAMBOB » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 pm

I've had HID low and Hi beams since I bought my bike.. I paid a little extra for the lights from XenonRider but was impressed with their quality and their customer service.

After 4 years I had my first failure, the LARGE ballast/Igniter died, the two ultra-slims are still plugging along and have lost zero bulbs..

The ballast I lost was one of the low beams so had to tear apart the front of the bike to swap ballasts around, so the last week I had low beams and no hi..

4 years before the first failure, and what's interesting I think I had minor issues with this ballast from the beginning but it always self corrected...
2009 R1200RT (Da Wasp)
2002 R1150RS SILVIA (sold)
2006 John Deere 2305
IAMBOB
Board Wizard

Re: XenonRider

Postby BKling » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:34 pm

My low beam is a XenonRider. Initially had a bad bulb but they swapped it quick, no trouble since. Not sure of the time frame but it has been years.
Bryant

In Case of Emergency - OPEN HEAD - USE BRAIN
BKling
Board Wizard

Re: XenonRider

Postby Chris B » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:55 pm

I've been running low beam HID's from VVME http://www.vvme.com/hid-headlights/sing ... ersion-kit in my '02GS & '00 K1200LTC with the older large ignitors. The neat thing is they're inexpensive & if you buy a kit for a 2 headlight system like I did you end up with an extra bulb, ignitor module & harness.
I've never had a problem with them yet (5 years now) & if I do, I've got all the spare parts I need right here. =D>
Chris
"Those that would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin
Chris B

Return to Tech