Scottoiler for Beemers with EVAP

Got a Tech Question? Know something about BMWs?

Moderator: JimVonBaden

Scottoiler for Beemers with EVAP

Postby Root » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:35 pm

Scottoiler for BMW chain drives w EVAP

I wonder whether anyone with a recent BMW chain drive will find it helpful to know the Motorrad released a version of the Scottoiler compatible with California (I.e., US) models with carbon canister. I had trouble picturing a left side install and Mark of Scottoiler sent the as-yet unreleased (and un-translated) shop installation guide. After spending an hour with Google translator, it all kinda makes sense. It is supposed to show up on BMW's website. In the meantime, feel free to ask. --John
Root

Re: Scottoiler for Beemers with EVAP

Postby Chiba » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:10 am

Sounds like it'd be a good tech article for BTS. Contact me at editor@bmwbmw.org if you're interested.
BMW MOA Digital News Editor www.bmwmoa.org
- 05 R1200GS - 98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -
Chiba
The FUNNY One

Re: Scottoiler for Beemers with EVAP

Postby henwin » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Root wrote:Scottoiler for BMW chain drives w EVAP
I wonder whether anyone with a recent BMW chain drive will find it helpful to know the Motorrad released a version of the Scottoiler compatible with California (I.e., US) models with carbon canister. I had trouble picturing a left side install and Mark of Scottoiler sent the as-yet unreleased (and un-translated) shop installation guide. After spending an hour with Google translator, it all kinda makes sense. It is supposed to show up on BMW's website. In the meantime, feel free to ask. --John

I put a Touring version of the ScottOiler on my Yamaha GTS 1000 (before I became a BMW rider) and I've got to say it was a neat device. I still don't quite understand how it worked, but it did. And I didn't have to lube my chain after that, but it did make somewhat of a mess of the rear wheel...nothing that couldn't be cleaned with some degreaser and elbow grease, however. In the 13,000 miles I put on the bike, I only adjusted the chain twice! :D
KTRSD,

Henry S. Winokur, Treasurer
Retired MSF & Total Control Instructor
The problem is not high-performance motorcycles. It's low-performance riders...
Remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?
henwin
Board Wizard

Return to Tech