NOVEMBER 3rd Tech Day....

Got a Tech Question? Know something about BMWs?

Moderator: JimVonBaden

Re: NOVEMBER 3rd Tech Day....

Postby Chiba » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:20 pm

Many thanks to Jeff & Stuart for opening up the shop for us to use this morning. I'd say Steve too, but he was working (on his bike) and not working-working IYKWIMAITTYD - though he quite thoughtfully brought donuts! Pat, too, for manning the parts counter and making sure we could get oil and crush washers and any other thing (flanged nut for the swing arm bolt holder-together-thingie) we might have needed along the way to complete our maintenance tasks.

Big props to Stuart for helping everybody out - or at least the people that needed it :) We were allowed to use a couple of lifts (I lucked into the extra-tall one that is Karl's) and Stuart made sure we had the things we needed that we forgot or lacked - in my case, a 19mm socket, a squeezy bottle to get oil into my final drive, a strap to hold up my brake caliper, oil drain pans, etc. etc. When I left he was tweaking the carburetors on an R75/5 with its owner eagerly assisting.

Thanks to Tech Chair Tina too for organizing all the great tech days we've had throughout the year. I am especially needing them now that I don't have a garage any more - I can't imagine doing everything I did today in the parking garage of my apartment building.

Tech days are just about my favorite club gatherings - although I like the breakfast get-togethers, too, I really like seeing everybody's bikes at the tech days & listening to people talk & tell stories & help each other ...
BMW MOA Digital News Editor www.bmwmoa.org
- 05 R1200GS - 98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -
Chiba
The FUNNY One

Postby stevebmw » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:01 am

T.Wesley wrote:Many thanks to Jeff & Stuart for opening up the shop for us to use this morning. I'd say Steve too, but he was working (on his bike) and not working-working IYKWIMAITTYD - though he quite thoughtfully brought donuts!

And an oil filter wrench, don't forget that, Wes... :lol:
Steve Anderson
2002 R1150GS
Morton's BMW Motorcycles
Your HQ for GS fun!
Fredericksburg, Virginia
540-891-9844
steve@mortonsbmw.com
http://www.mortonsbmw.com
stevebmw
Board Viking

Postby Chiba » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:13 am

stevebmw wrote:And an oil filter wrench, don't forget that, Wes... :lol:

Solid point, though I was prepared to use a long screwdriver to get it off... I'm going to have to have words with the gorilla that installs those things on my bike.
BMW MOA Digital News Editor www.bmwmoa.org
- 05 R1200GS - 98 K1200RS + Hannigan Classic sidecar -
Chiba
The FUNNY One

Postby bdimon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Even though I could not make this one, I wanted to say how much I appreciate all of our tech day hosts. Your hospitality, lifts, tools, tire changers, doughnuts, burgers, etc. make tech days the best club activity of any club I have ever been a member of. Thanks a million! =D>
Bruce Dimon
2005 R1200RT
Webmaster & Media Chair :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Previous

Return to Tech