November Tech Day, 20th, Vienna, VA

Got a Tech Question? Know something about BMWs?

Moderator: JimVonBaden

Re: November Tech Day, 20th, Vienna, VA

Postby Maria V » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Looks like you had a great turnout and lots accomplished! Thanks for hosting, Jim.
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Re: November Tech Day, 20th, Vienna, VA

Postby RocketMan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:53 am

some of my pics from the tech day at Jims
(I thought I had posted these but my connection was flaky that day so seems they didn't "take" for some reason???)

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Update Re: November Tech Day, 20th, Vienna, VA

Postby RJP3579 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:08 pm

eap wrote:
RJP3579 wrote:Mega thanks to Jim for wiring my new lights.

SNIP :D

Even though I was there for such a short time, I enjoyed looking and learning at the several active projects that had started up - Rick, I am especially interested in how you like these lights, how they respond to vibration (so get on some GS roads), how is the tempered glass when hot after a stream crossing, what is the cost of replacement bulbs AND can you rotate that housing to get a horizontal beam... :!:

Thanks JVB for hosting.

A long overdue update to my light situation. After two years I finally decided to tear the lights apart to try and rotate the reflector housing which I was able to do. I had originally purchased angle brackets to mount the lights the correct way but I was not happy with the way the lights jiggled ever so slightly when at idle and when hitting bumps. When mounted without the additional brackets, the lights are rock solid so they are back to the original mount and with the correct direction of the reflector.

To answer some questions from Eap, the lenses are plastic, not sure how much replacement bulbs are as they are still running strong after two years and I run them all the time when riding.
Rick :rider:
'09 R1200GS - Namibia Orange
RJP3579
Are you not entertained?

Previous

Return to Tech