Third day ride from Memphis North to Shelby Forest

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

Third day ride from Memphis North to Shelby Forest

Postby RocketMan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:07 pm

Got in my third longish day ride a week or so ago from my new digs in Memphis. Headed north to an area recommended by the local vintage bike shop. Some nice roads once I got outside of Memphis about 20 miles north. Not nearly as many roads as my old haunt but better than west or south. Got to the Miss river and found a nice store with eats and ran into some other riders at the river and had a nice chat. But damn, there really doesn't seem to be nearly as many riders here, least not on the smaller roads, or even in town. I do hear a number of sports bikes running up and down the near by freeway in wee hours but rarely on the street during the day. Seems odd because pics I've seen of an event that happens on Wednesday evening during the shows tons of bike parked along Beale Street. Go figure..

So anyways a few shots from the ride

A few pics from ride three, up to the Shelby Forest area on the DL

at the Miss Ribber

And finally a pano of the river taken with my trusty Pen E-P5 micro 4/3 camera at 60 MM. Not sure about other browsers but Chrome seems to cut off the right side of the image unless you zoom way out in the window.

This consists of 4 individual shots panning at about 15Deg for each shot, then I pre-processed the RAW images with Darktable Photo software to balance the color and lighting between each shot then post-processed and blended them into the pano using Hugin graphical front end to Enfuse and PFStools to create the final image, all running under Linux Ubuntu 18.04.
Panoramas are one of my favorite photographic techniques and can be a real challenge doing them manually rather than using the built-in apps many cameras have today.

RM
Fromerly MR. MonkeyButt now Mr. Breezy-Butt!
http://roadrunes.com

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

"I think you're a NUT!"- Tina
RocketMan
Board Wizard

Re: Third day ride from Memphis North to Shelby Forest

Postby JimVonBaden » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:09 pm

Enjoy Jeff. Maybe next summer I will go for a visit!
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Re: Third day ride from Memphis North to Shelby Forest

Postby wdcpb » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:24 pm

Looks great down there! Glad you are getting out to see it.
Phoebe Bennett
2014 F700GS
Membership Chair
wdcpb

Return to General Chat