BMWBMW CALL FOR 2021 BOD CANDIDATES:

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

Postby eap » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:04 pm

It’s time again to canvass our members as to their interest in serving on the 2021 BOD and various committees. You all know that it takes participation from the club members to keep the club alive!

A number of the current BOD are planning to step down, which means STEPPING UP by other members is so much more important. All positions are open so you are encouraged to check out the positions and submit yourself or someone else as a nominee for that position.

The candidate selection committee invites you to contact current BOD members to learn more about expectations and experiences.
CURRENT BOD (see also https://www.bmwbmw.org/officers ):
PRESIDENT, Drew Alexander
VICE PRESDIENT/Rally Chair, Todd Dibel
SECRETARY, Tom Rhoads
TREASURER, Bryan Hunt
MEDIA/NEWSLETTER CHAIR, Bruce Dimon
MEMBERSHIP CHAIR, Ed Pfister

Please feel free to review the By-Laws (https://www.bmwbmw.org/bylaws).

Questions, comments, interest statements etc, can be posted below and/or sent directly to: elections@bmwbmw.org (Please include ‘2021 Candidates’ in the Subject Line).

Thanks on behalf of the 2020 BMWBMW Elections Committee.
eap
Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://www.chesapeakebay.net
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Re: BMWBMW CALL FOR 2021 BOD CANDIDATES:

Postby Genen8kua » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:24 pm

There's still time and we need candidates. Maybe next year's president will get to leverage a ton of pent up demand for motorcycling events. Or maybe there will be serious opportunities to get creative. So it's guaranteed that it'll be an interesting year. If you've been sitting on the fence, time to go for it!

Please write to elections@bmwbmw.org or talk to one of the current board members. Nomination is free and easy.

Thanks in advance from your election committee.
Gene
2016 S1000XR
2007 R1200GS

What happens in the helmet stays in the helmet.
Genen8kua
GO COWBOYS!

Postby Genen8kua » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:44 pm

Hello - we still desperately need candidates for our elected positions. I thought I'd (hopefully) help by adding a summary of the roles (see the By-laws for details):

1. The President shall preside over and set the agenda for the General membership meetings, acts as the club spokesperson but the President sets a "tone" for these interactions and for the club as a whole. The president is responsible for the monitoring of state and federal regulations concerning motorcycling and for coordinating efforts by the club and companion organizations to ensure that the views of the club are properly presented.

2.The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President during his absence or inability to act.The Vice President shall also serve as the chairperson of the Rally Committee.

3. The Secretary shall keep records of the proceedings of the club, and also serve as Secretary to the Board of Directors.

4. The Treasurer shall receive and dispense all funds of the club; sign all checks (expenditures s reviewed by the Board of Directors; have accounts subjected to an independent annual audit; present a verbal report at each Board and general membership meeting, and shall submit an annual financial summary in January.

5. Membership Chair, chairs the Membership Committee which is responsible for disseminating information to all interested parties, maintaining a current membership list, annually distributing the Membership Directory and introducing all new members to the club.

6. Media/Newsletter: The Media Committee is responsible for the club’s online and print presence including the club’s newsletter magazine, Between the Spokes, the design and content of the club’s website, www.bmwbmw.org, and any social media presence the Board of Directors chooses to maintain.

During the last Board meeting, the board also discussed how the new board may want to change some of the ways we do business (for example video teleconference meetings have worked for the board and could substantially decrease the travel burden of board membership). Maybe you have some ideas for new directions for the club - put them in your statement.
Gene
2016 S1000XR
2007 R1200GS

What happens in the helmet stays in the helmet.
Genen8kua
GO COWBOYS!

Postby eap » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:33 am

Thanks for posting Gene!
eap
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby mark » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:15 am

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mark, and I am a full voting member in the BMWBMW, having joined in early 2017.

In early 2020, I started getting more active with the chapter. I have proposed and led several 2020 rides, and worked a bit with Bruce on the existing website, and started developing plans to upgrade it.

I am interested in serving on the Board as the Media Chair. My background is a technical program manager, with 30+ years of working with technology. I believe my background will serve me well in this roll. In addition, I have specific experience with Linux and Drupal (tools our website uses).

Prior experience with Boards, includes a stint as a Board member (Treasurer) for Centreville's Sully Station II HOA. This HOA had 2,000+ homes. I served on that Board for over 10 years.

Please consider my candidacy for the Media Chair. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you.

Mark Pledger
RT Owner
Mark P
RT
2021 Webmaster
mark

Postby eap » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi riders, I wish to continue to serve on club BOD if you wish to have me, and am putting my name in the hat for either President or Vice President. I joined the club back in 2005 and have assisted on several of the club rally, rides and other events. For the past few years I have been your Membership Chair. For some strange reason, I wish to continue to serve on the Club BOD and ask for your support and encourage you to also take an active role in supporting upcoming club activities.

Ride safe!

Ed Pfister
eap
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Postby bdimon » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:20 am

Hi, it's Bruce. I'm running for the offices of President or Vice President. I joined the club in 2010 right after getting my first Beemer, a R1200RT. I have served as president and media chair and would like to serve again. 2020 has been a difficult year but we have have had a great series of rides thanks to our Ride Chairs, Jose and Jeff. Thanks also to Henry who planned and led several rides. Unfortunately, all rallies, including our Square Route, were cancelled this year but we will make up for it with a great 2021 rally.

I am very excited to work with and for this club as either VP or pres.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Return to General Chat