F900XR

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

F900XR

Postby bdimon » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:23 pm

I rode the new F900XR and really liked it. The riding position is like a GS, totally upright with a tall seat so that I don't have to bend my knees too much. It's narrow and light, only about 482 pounds. The twin-cylinder engine makes almost 100 horsepower and revs fast but also has enough torque at low RPM to smoothly pull from a stop. It felt quicker than my R1200RT which makes sense because it makes almost as much power but is 130 or 140 pounds lighter. That light weight also made it quick to flick into turns.

The little windshield kept the main blast off my torso between 45-55 but with a lot less coverage than I am used to. It was easy to flip the windscreen from low to high and back while riding. In the low position, my helmet is in the wind stream but raising it to the high position stopped most of the head buffeting. It remains to be seen how much the wind would shake me up at 75 MPH.

The bike I rode cost $12,540 but had no option packages. The Select package costs about $1,000 and includes the cruise control, heated grips, and Tire Pressure Monitors that I want. The adaptive lighting would be great if it works well but I need to see that for myself. I would want the panniers that would add another grand or more to the total. With my RiderCoach discount, that should total about $14,000.

Performance, light weight, comfortable, and affordable - I'm sold. Probably not this year but maybe next year.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Re: F900XR

Postby eap » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:53 pm

Sounds nice - wonder this will end up :)

Take care!
eap
Chesapeake Bay Watershed http://www.chesapeakebay.net
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride, E.A.Poe
14 R1200GS LC
01 R1150GS (100K smiles)
81 R80G/S (~50k smiles)
IBA # 60680
eap
Board Wizard

Return to General Chat