Feelin’ Alright

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

Feelin’ Alright

Postby jcabiles » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:27 pm

It’s been three weeks since my accident and thought I’d give a quick update.

First of all I’d like to thank everyone for the kind thoughts, prayers and well wishes. My recovery has gone well and I am relatively pain free. There are just a couple spots that have a dull pain and it no longer hurts to cough or sneeze. I am on just one pain med now and hope to stop taking that in about another week and change over to Ibuprofin as needed. I was able to stop taking oxycodone after the first five days.

I started driving again this week and I hope to be able to start back swimming by the end of the month.

Still waiting on MOD to complete the estimate on my motorcycle. There appears to be only minor damage on the left side, and the engine guard prevented major damage to the left cylinder head.

And finally the good news is one of the accident witnesses was able to verify that the other driver did turn into me causing the accident. I heard from his insurance company that they are accepting liability.

That’s it for now. Hope to be back to normal by the end of the month and back in the saddle.
2017 R1200 GS
jcabiles
Board Guru

Re: Feelin’ Alright

Postby mlytle » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:32 pm

great news....stay on that recovery track!
Marshall
92 K75s
94 K75s
09 K1300s
mlytle
Frequent Poster

Postby jskene » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:45 am

Glad to hear that you are recovering well, and that a witness was able to corroborate your account of what happened.
jskene
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:50 pm

awesome, just remember pain is the bodies way to let you know you are still alive. :-) take it easy
David & Carol
Just finding an excuse to ride
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby phil.ager » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:47 pm

jskene wrote:Glad to hear that you are recovering well, and that a witness was able to corroborate your account of what happened.

Sadly, Even Jerry's wonderful lites won't protect you from Stupidity. They're out there, and they procreate!

Glad to hear you're feelin better Jose!

Ciao, P&K
from wonderful Huntsville, now celebrating 50 years since Neil & Buzz did their Lunar Stroll thing...
https://www.rocketcenter.com/apollo50
phil.ager

Postby bdimon » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:53 pm

Looking forward to seeing you healthy again.
Bruce Dimon
2005 R1200RT
Webmaster & Media Chair :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Return to General Chat