Anonymous Works! Thank you Anton of Charlottesville

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

Anonymous Works! Thank you Anton of Charlottesville

Postby jcabiles » Sun May 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Suffered another Senior Moment on my Presidents Ride today. As I stopped at one of the sites, I accidentally killed the motor before I could get it in neutral. Well I just turned it off and set the side stand down and went about taking photos.

Later when I went to leave, the RID would not display the temp, fuel or gear status. I tried to start the bike with the clutch pulled in, but it would not start and only tried to turn over. I went through several attempts cycling ther ignition, kill switch and trying to get the bike into neutral, but still the RID showed nada and wouldn’t start.

So I pulled out the Anonymous Book and looked to see who was listed in the Charlottesville area. I picked the number with the most codes listed especially M, B and T.

Anton answered and I explained my dilemma. He did inquire about my model and year and quickly suggested that I ensure that I sit on the bike and set all the switches and “retract the side stand.”

DOAH! The RID showed and the bike started. I hadn’t run into this type of situation before, but now it is filed away for future reference.

Once again, many thanks to Anton and I’m glad I keep the Anonymous Book handy.

P.S. You all missed a great ride to three Presidential Birthplaces!
2017 R1200 GS
jcabiles
Board Guru

Re: Anonymous Works! Thank you Anton of Charlottesville

Postby dcgsrider » Mon May 21, 2018 8:49 am

That would be Anton Largiader of Virginia Motorrad.

http://vamotorrad.com
Paul Wilson
Arlington, Va.
2009 R1200GS "Franz" Namibia Orange
IBA# 12143
KI4PW
dcgsrider
Board Guru

Return to General Chat