CALLING BoD Members!

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

CALLING BoD Members!

Postby phil.ager » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:50 pm

Anybody seen or heard from any member of the Board in the last six weeks?

They've dropped off this planet!

What's going on with this club? Where are the videos? What's with this MeetUp B.S.?

W.T.F.? OVER!. :Blaster: :cry: :?:
phil.ager

Re: CALLING BoD Members!

Postby thanatos1224 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:05 pm

I am starting a rumour that there will be an impromptu board meeting at Jims tech day.
David & Carol
Just finding an excuse to ride
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby JimVonBaden » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:33 am

thanatos1224 wrote:I am starting a rumour that there will be an impromptu board meeting at Jims tech day.

None of the BoD are coming! :lol:

Jim :cool:
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby drewalex » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:07 pm

phil.ager wrote:Anybody seen or heard from any member of the Board in the last six weeks?

They've dropped off this planet!

What's going on with this club? Where are the videos? What's with this MeetUp B.S.?

W.T.F.? OVER!. :Blaster: :cry: :?:

Phil,
It seems like just five weeks ago I saw you at the meeting at Bob's BMW. Unfortunately between working at a new job and traveling to New York to be with my sister who is in hospice, my free time is at a premium.
Perhaps you would be interested in helping the BoD in some capacity.
Go for a ride!- Paul Mihalka
drewalex
Mr. Bobblehead

Postby phil.ager » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:50 am

Drew:
I'm pleased that you're still employed in the trade with which you desire. I'm also happy for you that you have a sibling that you can relate to and visit who is in the final stages of her life. There's something to be said for saying goodbye to your loved ones. I regret that my brother took his own life (in Spain), and I never got to have a decent farewell.

We're trying to leave the club in reasonable hands before we move to Huntsville next year. I've uploaded videos "to be screened" by the folks who are managing this process. BUT nothing has happened to the YouTube channel in FOUR WEEKS now since Bruce kicked off this new mechanism for getting the word out re: BMWBMW. Is The President in the hospital or is he dealing with someone in Hospice? That's why there are other members on the BoD or in the Media/Editor/Internet "Committees." Everything has come to a screeching halt from those of us not in Slack or In The Loop... :roll: #-o [-o<

We're now on the road headed to the MOA Getaway in Fontana. Then we'll be getting some training in Massachusetts with Ken Condon "Riding In The Zone."
http://www.ridinginthezone.com . Then we'll see y'all at the SQR,
and then we're off to D2D https://dawsoncity.ca/event/dust-2-dawson-motorcycle-ride-rally/ and ALASKA for June & July! :flask:

GOOD LUCK TO THIS CLUB! I Hope everyone who attends the Tech Day has some fun; too bad the BoD won't be in attendance!
VR, P&K
phil.ager

Postby Maria V » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:56 pm

Wow, Phil. I am sure there is a more productive/constructive way to have this conversation. I am not sure if you are over-sharing or making a joke about a personal issue for Bruce, but it comes across as pretty shitty.

I'll be reaching out to Drew to see how I can help. Hope you join me.
Maria
Retired Presidente
Kermit's Ride Rule: "Don't hit the person in front of you and no whining."
2009 F650GS - "Moose" Veni, Vidi, Vroom!
Maria V
Attack Ninja

Postby bdimon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:03 pm

phil.ager wrote: Is The President in the hospital or is he dealing with someone in Hospice? That's why there are other members on the BoD or in the Media/Editor/Internet "Committees." Everything has come to a screeching halt from those of us not in Slack or In The Loop... :roll: #-o [-o<

GOOD LUCK TO THIS CLUB! I Hope everyone who attends the Tech Day has some fun; too bad the BoD won't be in attendance!
VR, P&K

I have had some problems that required several trips to the hospital but I only have one more minor surgery next week and that should be it. Also I was out of the country for two weeks and got back last Sunday.

I do need technical help on the Media/Editor/Internet Committees as it is a lot of work posting and uploading and writing. I have a backlog of tech issues to address because our Internet chair has not been available.

Your criticism is valid and it is my job as president to organize the board to get things done. I let things get behind.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:46 pm

bdimon wrote:
phil.ager wrote: Is The President in the hospital or is he dealing with someone in Hospice? That's why there are other members on the BoD or in the Media/Editor/Internet "Committees." Everything has come to a screeching halt from those of us not in Slack or In The Loop... :roll: #-o [-o<

VR, P&K

I have had some problems that required several trips to the hospital but I only have one more minor surgery next week and that should be it. Also I was out of the country for two weeks and got back last Sunday.

I do need technical help on the Media/Editor/Internet Committees as it is a lot of work posting and uploading and writing. I have a backlog of tech issues to address because our Internet chair has not been available.

Your criticism is valid and it is my job as president to organize the board to get things done. I let things get behind.

Welcome home, Jim and I spoke briefly about chipping in at Jims Totally Awesome Tech Day 2018!. (We even had a set of rear P3 lights! As a giveaway. I mean come on... (Squirrel)). Any hoots, let us chat perhaps at the next board meeting 12th of May. Or you can stop by Jim's this weekend on Sunday and help with making a YouTube Video! Jim and I discussed some things that I think should be discussed. And yes, there may be a few more submissions for our YouTube Channel on Slack.
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:50 pm

thanatos1224 wrote:
bdimon wrote:

VR, P&K

Welcome home, Jim and I spoke briefly about chipping in at Jims Totally Awesome Tech Day 2018!. (We even had a set of rear P3 lights! As a giveaway. I mean come on... (Squirrel)). Any hoots, let us chat perhaps at the next board meeting 12th of May. Or you can stop by Jim's this weekend on Sunday and help with making a YouTube Video! Jim and I discussed some things that I think should be discussed a little more. And yes, there may be a few more submissions for our YouTube Channel on Slack.
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby phil.ager » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with 'certain health issues,' Bruce.

You need to call on your fellow BoD members and have them Step Up!
-- Bruce should not and does not have to do everything all by Hisself!!! [-X

I commend you for your many contributions, but maybe you need to become the Webmaster (since you try so hard to work from afar), and someone else can put on the Director's Mantle tout-d'suit ... :wink: BTW: Bob's Open House is now history, so Please Update the HOME PAGE... :?

Team Ager is a bit preoccupied by our home remodeling efforts, our upcoming move to AL, our visitors from CA, and our appointment in Dawson City, Y.T. for D2D right now, so we can't do much more than say "We'll Be at The SRR (probably of Thurs) in order to Pitch In!" =D>

COME ON FELLOW CLUB MEMBERS,
-- Do what you can to grow the club, and move it forward before it & Bruce expires!!! :oops:

As they say in Alabamy, CHEERS Y'ALL!
P & K

:beer: :ThankYou: :flask: :realhappy: :bigdrink:
phil.ager

Postby JonG » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:49 pm

phil.ager wrote: and our appointment in Dawson City, Y.T. for D2D

I guess you're thinking (or hoping) that the Top of the World road will be open by then.
It's not now. https://www.yukoninfo.com/yukon-road-report/
JonG

Postby phil.ager » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:36 pm

JonG wrote:
phil.ager wrote: and our appointment in Dawson City, Y.T. for D2D

I guess you're thinking (or hoping) that the Top of the World road will be open by then.
It's not now. https://www.yukoninfo.com/yukon-road-report/

YO JON!

Very helpful website; we thank you for the "Sit Rep"... :P

Since they get maybe 140 bikers there every single year, I 'spect we'll see some sort of road surface by the SUMMER SOLSTICE! [-o<

Y'all keep the rubber side down, now, Ya Heara? {this is me speakin with an Alabamy accent} :lol:

CIAO! P & K
phil.ager

Return to General Chat