2018 Ride's Contest?

General Discussion about BMW Motorcycles

2018 Ride's Contest?

Postby phil.ager » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:16 am

Is there a Ride's Contest This Year? :?: :?: :?:

The BoD might want to discuss this on Saturday at MoD!!! :shock: Be There or Be Square! :twitching:

We actually won last year's, but have Nothin to show for it; no certificate and no mention in the e'Spokes nor on the Forum. #-o

Is this the trend of the Management? JVB offers more Door Prizes than our dues paying club! :pokebee:

Let's Show Some Enthusiasm PEOPLE! :mrgreen:
Is this not a BMW Riding Club or are we all going our separate ways???? :rider: :rider: :rider:

BRING YOUR MOA MILEAGE FORMS FOR WITNESSING!!! :pope:

Last edited by phil.ager on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phil.ager

Re: 2018 Ride's Contest?

Postby JimVonBaden » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Well, maybe more! Only about $2200 or so this year.
JimVonBaden
Smooth Motorcycle Operator

Postby thanatos1224 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:03 pm

There are forms?
David & Carol
Just finding an excuse to ride
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby thanatos1224 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:01 pm

thanatos1224 wrote:There are forms?

Okay for the record, I am new and did not realize the forms were in the this month's issue of ON. Thanks to the the Mystery Club Mentor willing to bring it to my attention.
2018_BMW_ON_Milage_contest.jpg
2018_BMW_ON_Milage_contest.jpg (23.52 KiB) Viewed 5832 times

(Bringing my forms to this week's club meeting)
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby phil.ager » Wed May 09, 2018 7:53 am

So, Let's Discuss This Topic on Saturday at Morton's BMW.... #-o [-o<

No one has mentioned a Theme for the Summer's challenge..... Very unBMWBMW-like . :roll: :shock: :? [-X :oops:
phil.ager

Postby JonG » Fri May 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Phil,
Nice to see you in the May ON High Mileage, p70. 300,000 miles. Congrats.
JonG

Postby thanatos1224 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:49 am

JonG wrote:Phil,
Nice to see you in the May ON High Mileage, p70. 300,000 miles. Congrats.

Congrats
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby bdimon » Wed May 16, 2018 6:18 pm

Our Rides Chair has had to bow out due to a new job with a lot of travel and time demands. We need a new Rides Chair.
Bruce Dimon
2020 F900XR
President :D
bdimon
Board Guru

Postby phil.ager » Thu May 17, 2018 10:00 am

Thanks for Noticing! -- Mr Richard Konan and the other high-milers really puts it into perspective though.... :wink:

Team Ager is 'quite distracted' these days because we're in the process of buying a beautiful house in downtown Huntsville. 8)
-- Of course the Welcome Mat will be out for any cross-country Beemer Riders (or the random Harley Chum)! :beer:
https://www.hubzu.com/property/9007442366647-1402-Sierra-Blvd-Se-Huntsville-AL-35801&srchBtnClk=1

We stumbled into the "dynamic auction" by happenstance when we stopped at the 'Wine Cellar' in Huntsville! The proprietor told Karen of a home that had just gone on the market in an Established Neighborhood. We were simply having a chat and a tasting at one of our future hangouts (tastings every Weds & Fri -- Huntsville also has ten micro-breweries!). :bigdrink: Karen took note of the address but never anticipated going to see it because it has four bedrooms (2700 sq ft). On Thurs, we were out with our realtor, just looking at various neighborhoods and available properties, and low & behold 'Susan' stopped to take a phone call under the street sign of this secret house on Sierra Blvd. Susan was unaware of the property, but she stopped and requested entry through the realtor by phone. We loved the 'Curb Appeal' and we appreciated the various amenities so much we decided to get in on the bidding. Late on Tuesday 1May, we were toasting our luck at winning an exciting dynamic online sale! Now we're arranging our finances for the purchase, while also trying to get a new [metal] roof put on our current house [now enduring torrential T'storms]. Karen was also rundown [knocked into a Cadillac limo] in downtown Manhattan {her bike is being evaluated now & she received only minor bruising -- slow speed get off}. Now our old car is at Waldorf Honda needing a replacement wiring harness [thanks to the STUPID Squirrels where we keep our car parked here in the Ft Washington woods]! Our mortgage banker tells us "Don't make any Big or sudden purchases!" while we are going through the lending-approval process, but it seems that insurance will help us get our well-used, much-loved vehicles back on the highway. Life really got busy all of a sudden!

We're looking forward to the SRR in June, but first we're going to "The Great Chicken Rally" [ page 89 Owner's News ] for Memorial Day. We've been soooo busy, and it's been soooo cold and soooo wet for soooo long that we've yet to even try sleeping in our New "Time Out" camper... #-o THANKS AGAIN, CHUCK!

We met with the local BMW riders at the West Side Cafe when we were down there in April, and we'll fit right in. They are Soooo Friendly & welcoming! Good Luck to BMWBMW on finding interested members to fill BoD positions! We hope there are some younger folks who will step-up and actually do what they've agreed to do.... :roll:

Y'all take good care now, Ya Heah? :clap2: :rider: :kiss2: :realhappy: =D>
CIAO!
K&P
phil.ager

Postby thanatos1224 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 pm

Sorry to read about Ms. K. Nice looking a piece of Heaven. Make sure you get a lift so I have a place to work on my bike when I come through. :-)
David & Carol
thanatos1224
Board Guru

Postby phil.ager » Fri May 18, 2018 8:45 pm

thanatos1224 wrote:Sorry to read about Ms. K. Nice looking a piece of Heaven. Make sure you get a lift so I have a place to work on my bike when I come through. :-)

We'll consider a lift for our local BMWMOAL club members; sorry your Mule needs that much maintenance way too frequently... :lol:
phil.ager

Return to General Chat